6.|| Los Angeles

Words - 1667
Edited - November 30th, 2022
—————

||Ash pov||
Max was driving as he sang a song, I got irritated and yelled at him. The others were in the back of the truck sleeping.

When we were to my old home I got back of the truck and moved the curtains, "Get up"

"..." no answer— I frowned, "I said, get up. Wake your lazy asses up" I yelled this time and they woke up. "My lazy ass hurt" Shorter whined, making me sigh, "We're here. Get out of the truck" they got out and looked at the view. I stood at the truck and saw that Y/n was missing, that's when I heard something move inside the truck.

I walked to the back of the truck again and moved the curtains, there I saw Y/n still asleep in the back of the truck. I smirked and walked in sitting beside her, I started to tickle her, causing her to wake up immediately with the most adorable laugh I've ever heard.

"A-Ash... s-stop it. I'm up" she said between laughter. I smiled and gave her mercy 'for now,'. She sat up and sighed as she caught her breath. I held her cheek, making her look up at me, we leaned in and kissed. But we parted from each other when we felt eyes on us and looked to the side, there stood the others smirking at us.

"What?" I asked angrily

"Oh, nothing~," Shorter said in a teasing voice and they walked away, chuckling. I rolled my eyes and Y/n giggled and kissed my cheek, making me forget the world for just a second. 

||Time skip||

||Y/n POV||
We walked into a house and saw a woman named Jennifer. She stared at us, her eyes widening. "Aslan... Jim come here!" She called and out walked Jim, Ash's father.

As soon as he walked out and laid his eyes on Ash, he started to scold him and asked who we are. Ash told him we were some friends and Jim started to walk away when Max yelled at him for being rude to his own son.

When we walked to Ash's house he and Griff lived, he told us about how his mom drove Griff's mom out but she found another man when Ash was born, leaving Jim, Griff, and Ash alone. I didn't listen so much because I had thought back at how Ash had stared at me when he introduced me as "one of his friends" to Jim.

We walked in, Ash laid the things he got from Jennifer on a table and asked Eiji to get candles. Eiji opened one of the drawers and out jumped a rat, I laughed when he jumped into Shorter's arms and screamed like a girl. Shorter yelled at him for being scared of just a rat. And Ibe found some old letters.

We walked into Griff's old room and searched in books for a picture of the guy that shot him and dad. Eiji and Shorter found it while Max found the list of names "Abraham Dawson, lives in Los Angeles, California. "102, 42 Westwood," He read, Ash looked at his phone, trying to find something about him but he didn't.

"I wish we could leave tomorrow, but the truck needs fixing and you all need rest. I'm sure Golzine won't find us here that quickly" Max said, Ash and I walked up to the other's

"We want to leave now. We want to pin that man down and corner old Dino" I said and Max started to talk about how "some of them" are old and that our shoulders haven't healed yet.

Ash, Eiji, and I walked out of the house and looked out at the view, I stood beside Ash and he held my waist but I pushed his arm away, he looked down at me in shock and worry but I ignored him, I knew I was acting childish, but... 

Eiji walked up so he stood on my other side, "It's a nice place," Eiji said 

"There's nothing here. Plus, it's always windy" Ash said, Eiji looked at him, "You hate it here?" He asked, Ash, didn't answer at first but said... "I don't have feelings towards it"