Chapter One

No Matter What

I do not own Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir or its characters (or Charlotte) except for the ones I create.

Okay y'all. It's been 3 years and I'm sorry. I just really hate Everything Changes ha. Well anyway...

This is the sequel to Everything Changes. The first chapter is going to be a trial, if it does well I'll continue.

The first three chapters were written around the same time as Everything Changes so the following chapters probably won't suck as much btw. That also means it's written before I even saw S2 so... literally just S1 based wow this is old

Enjoy!

Marinette POV

"Marinette! Did you see what I posted on the LadyBlog? Is it okay?" Alya runs over to me with her phone in her hand. I was on my lunch break from where I worked with Adrien as a fashion designer. Alya's words repeated in my mind.  After finding out that her best friends were Paris' superheroes she had begun asking about everything she posted as to whether she was allowed to have posted it at all. Inwardly sighing, I glanced down at the screen which showed a video. The video revealed Ladybug and Chat Noir fighting against the last akumatised victim, Scorekeeper. As I was about to comment on the recording Alya interrupted.

"Wait! There's more!" She scrolled down to another video. Only this video was filmed after the fight. Ladybug and Chat Noir standing in a dark alleyway, arguing and bickering over something. You couldn't hear exactly what they were saying (thank goodness) but there was a lot of yelling. The yelling stopped only when a distinctive beep went off and Ladybug leaped away.

"So what do you think? Some awesome footage for the first one! But the second one might have been a slight invasion of privacy. Was it?" Alya rambled. I groaned.

"A little, yes. But it's fine, it's fine," I stated blandly through gritted teeth, sarcasm dripping off every word. 

Alya raised a questioning eyebrow. "What were you two even arguing about?"

"Oh, nothing really. Chat was being lazy and not helping at all!" Once I had realised that what I had just said sounded overly aggressive, I blushed furiously and giggled nervously. "Sorry. I'm a little stressed. Anyways, aren't you a little old to still be obsessing over them? I mean, it's been like twenty years since they appeared... I mean, especially now that you know it's not them, it's us.

Alya scowled at me. "That just means I obsess over them - ahem, you - more. Excuse you." 

My phone seemed to detect the arising tension that quite frankly shouldn't have existed and beeped loudly alerting me to the message claiming Adrien needed me back at work. I dismissed myself and began to walk away, sighing in what could only be described as exhaustion. 

Charlotte POV

In class, there was something missing. Or rather someone. Instead of staring at the raven locks of the girl in front of me, I was staring at an empty seat. A frown creased my lips. Emma wasn't normally absent. Thoughts of the cause of her absence flew through my mind and I found myself chewing the end of my pencil. Madame Moreau was blabbering about... something? I was hearing her talk but I wasn't exactly listening. When the bell went to end class, I screamed and jumped out of my seat, startling everyone.

"Charlotte?" Came the curious voice of Emma's best friend, Jace, and I jumped again. "You seem jumpy today. Are you alright?" She asked.

"Oh yes! I'm fine! You- eh- wouldn't- um- happen to know where- er- Emma is, would you?" I stumbled, words just sort of spilling from my lips.