Chapter 8

My eyes fluttered open to see Caitlin, Cisco, Oliver, and Felicity all gathered close by. A chain reaction was started when I attempted to sit up in bed, making everyone rush over. Oliver sat down to my left and grabbed my hand, squeezing it tight- maybe a little too tight. Oli had his full Arrow gear on to protect his identity from the entire Team Flash, with the exception of Barry.

"You don't have to sit up, Y/N," Caitlin assured. "You need your rest. We have to run tests to make sure the serum actually worked. It could take a day or two... maybe even more."

"No." Oliver growled in the electronic Arrow voice. His voice was much deeper and scarier that way, honestly. "We can take her home now. Thank you for your help."

Barry whipped into view, but in the main room instead of my infirmary. Luckily, I could see him through the glass walls. He had his suit on, but his mask was pulled back so I could admire his facial features. I heard about Barry becoming the Flash, but I hadn't had the pleasure of meeting him yet.

He was an attractive man, no doubt. But I wasn't in the mood to drool over men at this point in my life.

"No disrespect, Mr. Queen, but the decision is up to Y/N." Cisco intruded.

I confided with your thoughts, 'Maybe this is for the best... In Central City I could escape both Slade and Oliver... Hmm. Funny, to use those two in the same sentence in such a negative connotation.'

"I think I should stay..." My focus failed to break away from Barry and how he looked in his suit, "Run some tests, make sure the serum is truly gone."

'Can he really run as fast as they say he can? I wish I could have noticed when he was saving me.'

Oliver traced my gaze to Barry and was immediately slapped in the face with a splatter of jealousy. Oliver grabbed my hand and helped me up from the bed; He led me into the nearest hallway where we could be alone. "What are you doing?" He asked sternly.

"Oliver, I need to make sure this... Mirakuru stuff isn't still in me. Have they even tested if it works?" I rambled, avoiding the truth desperately.

Well, I wasn't avoiding the whole truth. I do feel fine, but Mirakuru is one drug that has always scared the shit out of me, so I do want to make sure the test results are 100%. I believe in redundancies.

The truth was, I wanted to be as far from Oliver as physically possible right now.

"No.. You have a little 'thing' for Barry Allen, don't you?"

'Really? That's the immediate conclusion he came to? I haven't even met the man, who does he think I am? Just because I slept with him means I sleep with every vigilante or superhero I lay eyes on?'

I scoffed in amusement, "I'm sorry, is the great Oliver Queen jealous?" I teased, deciding to fuck with him a bit before getting serious. "Not that it matters at all to you, but I do not have a 'thing' for Barry.. I literally just met him when we saved my life." I defended, using air quotes for 'thing.'

Frustrated, Oliver hit his fist on the wall before he allowed himself to calm down with a few deep breaths, "Don't tell me what does and doesn't matter to me. You matter to me, Y/N."

My eyes filled with tears and the lump growing in my throat started to distract me from keeping my emotions at bay. Why did I always lose control like this when it came to Oliver?

"Then kiss me right now," I demanded, "Tell me you love me, or let me go... and stay. away. from me."

Oliver closed his eyes and permitted a sigh to escape his lips. He let go of my hand and proceeded to walk out of S.T.A.R. Labs.

'How stupid. I really thought I meant enough to Oliver fucking Queen to give him an ultimatum like that? I am nothing to him.'