Indifference Turned into Fear

"There. All clean!" Lucy said, smiling to the fawn who was running around her room dripping wet.

"Heeey! Stop that! You'll make a mess! " Lucy ran after the fawn but stopped when she realized that this scene was awfully familiar to the one just a while ago. She placed her fingers on her lips and closed her eyes as she remembered what happened.

"We kissed...right?" she said quietly. But the woman in front of the door heard.

"Don't think about it too much."

"E-Erza?!"

Lucy jumped back in surprise.

The fawn got closer to Erza, looking happy. The redhead let out a smile.

"Oh! That's right. Mystog- I mean Jellal came over a while ago."

Erza's face darkened. Lucy continued looking strangely happy.

"He said we can keep this little guy! Apparently he has a garden that he believes Shou will like."

"Shou?"

"That's what he decided to name him."

"Shou...huh?"

Erza looked at the fawn who was really happy that Erza called him that.

Lucy smiled at the strangely adorable scene, however on closer inspection, she noticed Erza was as white as snow. Lucy began to worry.

"Erza, you don't have to force yourself to attend you know..."

'That's where you're wrong', Erza thought.

"I'm not forcing myself."

"But you're very pale!"

"Don't worry about it. I'm just hungry."

Does she really expect me to buy that?

Erza knew what Lucy was thinking so she let out a smile. Lucy was relieved at this.

"Erza...promise me you'll take care of yourself."

Erza pet her head letting out a laugh.

"Don't worry about me. I'm not a child."

Lucy unexpectedly wrapped her arms around the captain's waist and rested on her chest.

"I'm scared..."

Erza held onto the blonde and gently whispered.

"I'm here. There is no reason to be afraid."

"That's exactly why I'm scared!" Erza remained silent. "I don't want to lose what I have with you, here."

...What is it that we have anyways? Erza asked herself.

"It's been two weeks and yet I feel as though I've been here for more than a year."

"Do you miss her?"

"I do. A lot. I miss everyone."

"I'm sorry I don't know how to get you ba-"

Lucy stopped her by placing her index finger on her lips.

"I miss everyone, but...I'm happy. I'm happy to be here, right now, with you."

"That's just because I look like Scarlet."

Erza said as she removed Lucy's finger.

"That's not true." Lucy firmly said as she looked at Erza. "At first, that might have been the case, but I wouldn't stay with you if you were the same woman I first met."