Chapter 7 - Korey

My paws slowed as we approached the clearing where we had found Mia just the day before, but I was itching to keep going, to move, to fight. Anger boiled in my veins. I stopped and glanced around the meadow. How had she gotten away? We had her trapped and she still managed to escape. Again.

***

Only one day until the binding ceremony. I was so close to having everything an Alpha could want—the strongest pack in Michigan and my very own white wolf. I reclined in my chair, propping my feet up on my pristine, mahogany desk.

Marc was running patrols and I was free for the rest of the day to "prepare" for the ceremony. I chuckled and shook my head. So what was I binding myself to this irritating twit? She's a white wolf and after the rite, she will be mine to do as I please with.

The pounding of feet on the stairs pulled a growl from my throat. What the hell do these idiots want? My office door burst open and I bared my teeth. How dare they disrespect me in my own home. Jumping to my feet, I prowled towards a panting Marc.

"Alpha. It's Mia."

I paused and quieted my rumbling chest. "What happened?"

"We were running the patrols and I caught her scent out by the northern border." He paused. "Korey, she crossed the perimeter."

"What!"

"I tried following her to see where she was going, but I lost the trail a few miles out."

My mind spun. Why would she run? My thoughts flashed back to the past couple weeks. Things had changed between us. She had started to irritate me more than normal, but I didn't let her see it. I was good to her, only punishing her when she deserved it. How dare she leave me? How dare she make me look weak in front of my pack.

She will die for this.

I rushed out of my office with Marc hot on my heels. "How long ago?"

"The trail was a few hours old."

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I burst out the front door, ripping my shirt over my head in the process. Several pack members froze in the yard, before slowing inching backwards.

"Wait. Alpha. You can't just leave."

I slowed my hurried footsteps and glanced over my shoulder at him. He was right of course. I couldn't just abandon my pack in order to find her. I had to make a plan. I had to call in the warriors.

"Call everyone in. We are going to find her. One way or another."

***

The tentative steps of Nico, my third in command, triggered a growl from deep in my throat. I paced back and forth. The weight of my warriors eyes burned into my fur, causing my hackles to rise.

Alpha?

Ignoring Nico, I stared into the deep forest. The meeting had been a complete waste of time. I had put on a show for the imbecile, asking if a stranger had crossed onto his territory. I explained that a member of my pack had broke a pack law and run away from their punishment. But the weak son of a bitch was confident that no one had broke their borders.

I saw her you idiot!

I needed to figure something out. That poor excuse of an Alpha didn't even know she was on his land. I let out another loud growl, but this time it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I had to find her. I will make her pay for what she has done and then we will complete the ceremony. Only after she is no longer of use to me will I kill her.

But I have to find a way around this new pack. How could an Alpha not know there was a stranger on his land? I froze. That's it. The perfect plan. 

If he didn't notice Mia on his land, then he won't notice me on his land either. 

**********************************************************************

Sorry for the delayed update and the short chapter.

Hope you enjoyed getting in Korey's head.

Will be updating again soon!

Thank you so much for reading.