A Night to Remember

She knew shewasn't supposed to be there as she looked around nervously for anysigns of her brother who might have followed her. Jennifer Connellyhid in the bushes across from the mansion where the party was beingheld. She had to see him. It was an open invitation party and she wassurprised that there wasn't more of a crowd. Thunder rolled throughthe cloud covered night sky and threatened rain soon. Taking a deepbreath, she looked around for Alexander one last time then hurriedacross the street just as the sky opened up.

The guards werejust for show, she knew and as they nodded and rushed to open thedoor for her as she came hurrying up the drive, they made her nervousand a chill ran down her spine. She brushed a strand of soft, nowwater logged, long black hair out of her face and looked in a mirroras she entered the parlor and the doors closed behind her. 'I mustfind the bathroom first,' she thought to herself. 'I can't lethim see me like this.' Turning around, she saw a server pass bythe living room door and headed off to ask him where the bathroomwas, hoping she wouldn't run into the man she was there to see onthe way.

Outside,Alexander scowled when he saw the lone figure dart across the streetwhen the rain started. He knew that she had been watching for him andhad hidden himself quite a bit away from her. He was thankful thather keen eyesight had not yet developed...it wouldn't for anotheryear or so. She knew better than to be here, mortals were not to beassociated with, they were cattle. He sighed heavily as he too headedfor the mansion.

The party at themansion was a meet and greet with various celebrities. The list didnot hold the man that she most wanted to meet, Orlando Bloom. Howeverthere was another...Matthew McConaughey. Richard Dean Anderson wasthere as well, but he was a second to Matthew. After receivingdirections from the server, Jennifer headed down a hall to thebathroom without incident.

She went into thebathroom and rummaged through the cabinets after locking the door.She sighed with relief when she found a hair dryer. She pulled it outand shut the cabinet. Laying it on the counter, she plugged it inthen rummaged through her purse for her brush and make up bag.Setting the makeup aside, she turned the blow dryer on and dried herlightweight crimson dress with low neck and spaghetti straps.

Then she grabbedher brush and combed through her long black hair as she waved theblower around until it was once again soft and dry. She unplugged thehair dryer and returned it to the cabinet. She sighed heavily andreturned to the mirror and applied her make up then unlocked the doorand left the bathroom.

Heading back upthe hallway she noticed Alexander enter the living room and turnedand hurried the other way. 'Damnit!' she thought angrily. Sheturned to enter a nearby room; too busy with her own thoughts of howshe was going to avoid her brother when the door opened and shecrashed into someone and was knocked to the floor. "I'm sorry,"she said not looking up. "I didn't mean to, please excuse me."

She tried toscramble to her feet and a man's hand appeared in her line ofvision to help her up. She took it and was drawn back to her feet."It's ok," the man said and his voice brought her to attentionand she looked up. There he was, the man she was here to see. "Youwere in a hurry?" he asked and she found that she had lost herability to speak. She swallowed hard and nodded. "Were you lookingfor someone?" he asked again and all Jennifer could do was nod."Well," he said gently and released her hand. "I will not keepyou."