Chapter 1 The Forest

The quiet rustle of leaves. The soft earth underneath my feet. The scent of the pine needles. The beautiful landscape of gently rolling hills. This is the place I call home. Walking through the tree-made tunnel, I see a burnt patch of ground.
"Strange," I mutter under my breath while inspecting the scorched earth. The trees bear jagged scratches as well as thin, precise cuts, as if they were made by a sword. Yet, no one has been around this area of Aendrel since the Elven War four hundred years ago. Crack! Warily, I turn to see one of my own before me! Another elf! She has long, beautiful red hair as bright as the morning star. Startling green eyes and perfect pale skin that greatly contrasts to her hair. She's strikingly gorgeous. I have red hair just as bright as hers, but I have deep blue eyes and skin equally pale."Airon." The mysterious elf said.
"Who are you? Are you another mercenary hired to kill me? Trust me, you won't get far." I threaten.
"No! I'm simply a messenger sent by Queen Iraly. If you kill me, the queen would have your head. The queen requests your presence," She replied.
"I highly doubt that an elf of such importance would care so much for a simple messenger." I state coldly.
"You'd be surprised."
"Why does the queen require me?"
"Queen Iraly sent me to find you. She says that she is in need of a warrior's aid. I asked not why, for it is not of my concern."
"Does she not have thousands of other elves at her dispense?"
"Yes, she does. However, she asked for your help."
"Can you contact Queen Iraly?"
"Yes" She says.
"Loqui!" She shouts as a purple glow manifests itself within her outstretched palm.
The queen appears and speaks, "Airon! My best warrior. Would you come to Aurum?"
Bowing in my queen's presence I say, "Yes. I will be in Aurum no later than four days from now. May I ask how I may be of assistance?"
The queen responds, "Yes, the Orcs have threatened to slaughter our entire city if we do not send five elves as sacrifice to their god. Obviously, they cannot be allowed to do so, and I wish for their to be as little elven bloodshed as possible."
"I'm on my way."
"Cessabis!" The purple glow faded and I head out alongside this woman, who somehow seems important, towards Aurum.

To anyone who read my first chapter, please comment on how you liked it and if you would like to read more of my story. Thanks in advance and I hope you like it.