34.Touch~Sleeping At Last

"God Cass every time that song remind me of Black flag" Hannah sighed after Cassidy finished playing another beautiful song.

"Rest in peace. He was a good dog" She returned.

Sean was just about done his sketch. It amazed me how he could do it so fast.

"That's a good bad memory for sure" Finn commented. "How bout we do everyone's worst memory for our question."

Finns questions were always fun. Every night he'd come up with something as random as 'What the color blue says to you' or 'What you would do with a million dollars?'

"Say hello to my little friend Jinx" Penny said grabbing the coin he always had around his neck "I met him in New Mexico, man had issues, but he was cool. We spent a while together. Until one day he just disappeared. Never saw him again. He left me with this penny"

"Is that how you got your name?" I asked falling deep into the campers sad story.

"Yeah, I hope he's still out there partying. Maybe I'll run into his crazy ass someday"

Cass didn't want to share and Jacob told a story about when he lost his faith. I've never been religious I always thought of it as a cult, but it was something engraved into Jacobs mind. His hometown fucked him up yet built him all at the same time.

After Jacob Daniel shared a little about his friends from Seattle, he seemed to have cooled down from the lake incident and was now sitting closer to Sean and I.

"Can we do worse? How about you Thea?" Finn challenged.

"You guys aren't ready for this" I sighed sitting up from Sean's chest a bit. He kept one hand on my leg, he knew what was coming.

"The worst thing I've ever done was fall in love" I said getting the crowd ready. "I grew up in group homes, but was always the trouble maker no one wanted. Until I found Jaxson." His name brought a chill to my spine. "I was 16...he was 21"

"Who knew you had it in you" Finn laughed as the rest egged me on for such a thing at so young, but I was different then.

"He gave me the validation that I was worth something, while I gave him...well sex. I didn't know it then, but it was toxic. It went on for a while and when I'd move. I'd always find myself crawling back through his windows. His room reeked of pot. Worse than Penny." I teased.

"One day his dad found us, I bolted and the next day there were cops everywhere. His dad had suffocated him that night and now spends his life rotting in a cell." I sighed as the circle went quiet "But that's not my worse memory. My worst memory is all the years I held it in until someone came along and showed me what is was actually like to feel special, important and all the above."

"God, you must be so strong" Cass leaned forward as she spoke.

"Whoever this mystery fixer-upper has to pay me a visit" Hannah half laughed, although it was pretty obvious who it was.

"Good luck following that up" Finn said giving my shoulder a squeeze.

"You guys ready to turn in?" I asked the brothers.

"Yeah" Daniel yawned while Sean nodded, helping me up from the ground.

"Until next time" I bowed leaving the group as we pilled into the tent, settling into our sleeping bags like every other night.

"I'm sorry for the lake" Daniel admitted in the darkness.

"It's okay" I smiled pulling him in for a hug, dragging Sean in with me.

"Sean? Can you finish the story for me" Daniel asked his brother as we fell asleep dreaming of the wolf brothers on the run.