That's weird...

"I moved to New Orleans two weeks ago," I told to my colleague. We were just sitting at lunch and communicating. My colleague... his name was Phil, was in a good mood as usual, and he always managed to improve my mood when I did not feel very good. After lunch we returned to our office and continued our work.

It was five in the evening and my working hours were over. I was going to go home and asked Phil if he was going too. "No sorry. I have to stay," he replied. So I said goodbye to him, put on my brown coat, and set off. On my way home, my best friend Josh called me. He wanted me to stop by his house. He says he needs to discuss something with me and it's important. So I turned and walked back on the sidewalk I went home. He lives on the other side of town than I live. Fortunately not too far. 

When I stood in front of his house and knocked, it suddenly started raining unbearably. I didn't have a hooded or cap jacket, so I was hoping he will open it as soon as possible. After about ten seconds, I saw the door slowly open and saw Josh staring at me. Then he opened the door completely open, greeted me with open arms and invited me on. I wiped my feet against the rug that lies in front of his door and went inside. It was quite warm in his home. I saw a small Christmas tree nearby. He used to buy big and living trees, but because of his brother, who has a cat and someimes goes to visit him, he had to give up big and living trees. In the hallway, in the living room, and in the kitchen, the lights shone so much that it became uncomfortable. But my eyes soon got used to it. He invited me to the living room at the table and went to the bathroom for a towel so I could wipe myself. He brought a completely clean white towel and handed it to me. While I was wiping, he pulled out my chair and then himself. We sat down and I put the towel on the table. He looked at me as if someone had wronged him. He stared at me in a strange way for a moment, then spoke, "This morning, when I came to the police station I work in, my boss invited me to his office. I was wondering if I had done something wrong, there was nothing. You know how well I do my job." At that, his expression didn't change a little. I felt normal, and I didn't see anything special about it. But my feeling soon turned into a feeling of nervousness. He continued, "I came to the office and he was sitting at his desk, greeting me with a gesture and inviting me to sit down. As I sat down, he pulled a stack of papers from the desk drawer." Meanwhile, he did the same as he had just said, pulling it out of his backpack and continuing, "he took out two of the stapled paper. All he told me to do was take it home, watch it like an eye in my head, read it and take the example and inspiration." His face was terrified, and his eyes pointed to the document. He told me that when the document begins with the title "Madness in New Orleans", I should pull it out and read it. I grabbed the stack and started looking. Just behind one paper, I saw the headline, and we pulled out two stapled paper. They were really all described. I looked at Josh, who shew me a hand gesture to read.

I started to read. It looked like a message or a warning. Maybe it had a completely different sense. The file was about a rampage in New Orleans, which took place in the 1920s and early 1930s. At that time, people were lost under strange circumstances. It wasn't every day, but it was still happening, and it didn't stop. Random people disappeared. Foreign and relatives. And no one has ever seen them again. For years, the police have been trying to track down who or what caused it, but in vain. It wasn't until 1933 that they found that man. He was a serial killer. The police stopped by his house, but he started running into the forest. The police released dogs on him, but they couldn't stop him. He escaped them. The police searched for him in the forest until a deer hunter was running after them carrying a man. He began to explain how he didn't want to kill him, and that it was an accident. There was a constant smile on his face. They knew immediately that the hunter had shot the killer. They told him he had just killed a long-sought serial killer and was taken to the station. There is also mention that the killer was also a hunter, especially deer hunter. The strangest thing was that there was no mention of his name. Nothing at all, neither nickname or surname.