Chapter One-A Hero is Born

Hey, I'm Luke. Most of you are probably wondering who the heck I am. Well, you can stop the fuss and take the knowledge bus 'cause I'm gonna educate you in who I am. I'm what I guess you would call average. I am 19, over six feet, of medium build, with brown hair, and green eyes. I lead a fairly normal life. But when not hanging out as a typical guy I am busy helping people in need and solving problems. I work hard to ensure the town people' health and happiness. I do all this and more daily. I am...a proud worker at Eldoon's Noodles! Now I know what you must be thinking. Luke, what an anti-climax! All that suspense just to tell us you sell noodles all day? Hey, I may not be fighting wars or saving the world, but I help keep the people of this town happy and well fed. I keep things ship shape and running smoothly at Eldoon's. But right about now you are probably ready for me to stop monologue and get to the story.

It was a wonderful Thursday morning and as per usual I had slept through my alarm and was late.

"Tick, tock, meow! Tick, tock, meow!" Cried the kitty coo-coo clock on the wall. I sat up and rubbed my eyes yawning. I glanced at the clock and sprang out of bed.

"Oh no, I'm gonna be late for work...again, " I muttered to myself. I hurried through my morning routine. I ate my breakfast, showered, brushed my teeth, put my work clothes, and jogged to work. Half an hour later I rushed through the doors of Eldoon's noodles fifteen minutes late to work.

"Hey, guys sorry I'm late, " I gasped. Goldy giggled.

"It's ok Luke. We all get caught up sometimes, "

"Yea and, besides with how late you usually are you might as well be on time today, " Peter helpfully chimed it. "You could always take the bus you know, instead of running here every day,"

"And you know I hate the bus. Ever since that incident the last time I rode one. I was stuck between a window and a human faucet," I informed Peter.

"You could have just woken him up and asked him to move," Peter suggested. I shook my head.

"Basic human interaction scares me." Goldy giggled.

"Oh Luke, come on. You've just gotta man up," she chided playfully.

"You should have called Goldy," Peter grinned. "She would have protected you." I grinned bashfully and stared at the floor. Just then Mr. Eldune walked in from the back of the shop.

"Ah, Luke my pupil you've arrived. You're all here now and more things are done that way."

OK look I know I said I would stop expositing but I should probably explain who these people are. Mr. Eldune is my boss. He's pretty old but he's been running Eldoon's Noodles ever since I can remember. Goldy is one of my co-workers. I really like working with Goldy. She's so smart and funny and sweet and pretty and... my point is she's great. Peter has been my best friend for the longest time although he loves to get on my nerves. We all work together serving food to the public. Anyway back to the story.

"Luke since you're here could you please clean the dishes in the sink so we can use them to serve customers?" Mr. Eldune asked me.

"Um, Mr. Eldune isn't there anything else I can do?" I asked.

"Please bro, it would mean a lot of you could do them so I can get to work on waiting tables, " Goldy said. She smiled that great smile of hers.

"Well, " I thought to myself, "Anything for Goldy."

"Alright, I'll get right on those dishes, " I said smiling at Goldy as I headed behind the counter. Mr. Eldune chuckled to himself.

"It looks like the dog does not take orders from the one who holds the leash, but from the pack itself." He mused. I smiled. Sometimes Mr. Eldoon says weird things and nobody knows what he's talking about. Peter popped up behind me grinning mischievously.