18

I had been in the town already for about a week. There was no sign of Meliodas and Zeldris still had not come by. I had finally gotten myself a small house close to Merlin. Both Merlin and I had become quite close after the incident and at the moment I was sitting in her room while she treated a new patient.

A boy with bright pink hair had been chased out of the capital and was now lying on a bed wrapped up in bandages.

His name was Gowther he had apparently tried to steal from one of the ten commandments but got caught. They had given him a few bruises and scratches nothing big.

Merlin sat at the side of his bed rewrapping his arms as a cigarette hung from her mouth. Once she was done she let go off his arm and stood up. Taking the cigarette from her mouth she brought her hand down before a cloud of smoke left her lips.

"You should be fine to leave any time you want. You've got a small sprain on your wrist thats about all. If you want a place to stay ill figure that out as well." She tossed the cigarette to the ground and pressing the bottom of her heel on it she looked back towards the male.

"Thank you."

He hadn't shown a single bit of emotion ever since he walked into this place. I noticed his eyes glancing over at me every once in awhile but left it at that. The poor boy must've been scarred from his experience. I felt slight pity towards him and he slowly began to get off the bed wobbling slightly as he tried to stand.

He opened his mouth about to speak but was interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

"Merlin!" A voice screamed from outside the house.

The knocking was fast and Merlin swiftly hurried over towards the door. I peaked over and noticed a man holding a small girl. Merlin grabbed the girl and rushed over towards the bed.

"Elizabeth I need a favour!" She said rushing around the room and grabbing different equipments.

I hummed in response as she hurried back to the girl.

The girl looked pretty beat up. She was covered in blood and had large bruise marks all over her body. Her clothes were torn up and her hair was a mess.

"Bring Gowther home with you watch over him for me I need to save this girl." She said in a panicked voice.

I nodded my head and getting up off the window sill I hurried towards Gowther. I gave him a small smile before wrapping his arm around my neck. I used another hand to help hold him up and I walked towards the door.

"Thank you..."

I had been a quiet day ever since I brought Gowther back. He hadn't spoken much and sat on my bed reading a book. Since I only had one bed I had given him mine and decided to take the couch. I was laying down on the couch staring up at the ceiling.

"The lady..."

I turned my head back to look at him and he slowly began to speak,

"Did she help you as well?"

I nodded my head in response and he continued,

"Why did you come here?"

I felt my heart begin to pound in my chest and I turned my attention towards the ground. I lowered my head as my hair blocked my vision.

"Sorta the same reason you're here... I was told I had to leave..."

"Oh." Were the only words that left his mouth.

The room began to get a bit awkward. Lifting up my head I pushed myself up off the ground. I made my way towards a window before staring out.

I hadn't had time to explore the town much and it seemed to be a nice place. In a few days Id go out and see what I could find. Hopefully Gowther and I would be on more friendly terms but for the mean time I understood.

—Back at the Castle—

Meliodas sat on his throne both brothers by his side as a man bowed before them. He had a wide fox like grin on his face as he held an envelope in his hand.

"Read it." Meliodas said in a stern voice.

The man stood up opening up the envelope and taking out a small letter. There were very few words but those words would change everything.

"My dearest prince... after investigating the following... I have wrote to inform you of the location of your dearly beloved..."

"Oh my a lover?" The man reading the letter chuckled.

"Finish the letter." Meliodas said slamming his fist down onto the throne.

"Alright alright...."

"She is located in a town north supposedly known for their kindess... shes currently staying in her own home and has yet to leave... I will report back in a few days..."

"And thats all it says." He dropped his arm down beside him and Meliodas got up off his throne.

"Prepare a bag for my trip. Ill go down to see her personally."