Chapter 1

The night was cold and dark, wind blowing against the window as you wrapped up in a soft warm blanket. Sitting in the middle of your bed, swaddled like a cocoon with your laptop propped in front of you. You would occasionally glance over at the window, checking to see if there had been any differences in the weather. The local forecast mentioned a chance of rain, but you didn’t keep your hopes up. A soft knock came from your door. You took a moment to pause your show, Diabolik Lovers, as your mother cracked the door to speak, “Dinner will be ready soon.'' You only gave a small nod as she made her exit from your room.

    Most people in the fandom had a soft spot for Ayato, but not you. You had a different favorite in mind. Yours happened to be Kanato. Though you know his character would be violent and dangerous. His character would out lash unprovoked, you felt that he had a soft side. A side that was still adorable and sweet. You had tried to convince yourself that you weren’t THAT obsessed with him. Maybe with a few fanfictions about in in your phone, but nothing too dramatic. It could have been worse. You could have been one of those people who would have posters up and down the wall of the one character, body pillows, hundreds of fanfictions, not that there was anything wrong with having those. As long as you knew not to let your obsessions interfere with your life, you knew everything was going to be okay.

    Speaking of fanfictions, while you had your computer out, you decided that you might as well check your wattpad account and read for a little bit, maybe even write your own story. Taking another glance out the window you noticed a dark figure standing by the post light. A small pit formed in your stomach as you immediately felt uneasy. You slowly rose from your spot, leaving the comfort of your blanket as you decided to take a look, hoping that you won’t be spotted. Peering out the window you saw a guy. You let your eyes adjust to the darkness for a moment, realizing that he was holding something. He was holding a bear, a small stuffed bear that looked oddly familiar. You studied the features a bit more before it hit you. That wasn’t no ordinary bear.. that was Teddy. If that was Teddy.. You suddenly lock eyes with the person from across the street. That guy was none other than Kanato Sakamaki.

    Your body almost felt paralyzed as you were speechless. There had to be some logical explanation. Maybe it was just a friend playing a prank, doing some weird cosplay prank. A few of your friends knew about your small “Obsession”, so that had to be the only logical answer. Keeping your eyes on him you noticed that he gave you a small smile, not a smile of kindness, rather one that made your stomach churn. You were just about to open the window, ready to speak up, until a knock on the door made you practically jump out of your skin. “Jesus Christ!” You yelled as you placed a hand over your chest, feeling like your heart nearly leaped out from your throat. “(Y/N), are you okay? What were you looking at,” your mother began to question. You took one more glance out the window, only to realize that the boy was gone. “Nothing,” You managed to mumble as you followed your mother down the stairs for dinner.

    As you reached the bottom of the steps you turned to the left, entering the dining room. There was a long wooden table as well as enough seats for your family of three and a few more for guests. You first went into the kitchen to go get your meal which happened to be steak, mashed potatoes, and corn. You hummed lightly to yourself as you got on your toes, reaching for a glass cup on the second shelf. You decided to pour yourself a nice (cold/warm) glass of (favorite drink). You re-entered the dining room, sitting yourself down at the table. You only took a few bites before mostly just poking around at the food. Coughing to get your attention, your father speaks up with concern, “(Y/N), are you sure that you’re feeling well?”

    You were completely zoned out, only thinking about the events that had just recently occurred within the past ten minutes or so. Almost as if you were brought back to reality, you quickly realized that you were being asked. “Yeah, sorry, I’m alright.” You lied as you decided to continue eating dinner. It’s not that you weren’t not okay, but you weren’t exactly fine either. Kanato was stuck in your mind, it simply didn’t make sense. How is a fictional character from an anime, here? He looked so realistic, not animated in any way. This wasn’t the type of cosplay realistic either. The hair, skin, everything just seemed… Natural?

    Once you have finished your meal, you excuse yourself from the table to take your dishes into the kitchen. You sat the dishes in the sink, heading back up to you room. Of course, not without at least wishing your parents a goodnight. Back in the comfort of your room you closed the door behind you before leaning against it, letting out a sigh of relief. Curiosity took over you, letting your legs take you to the window. Peering through the glass, you saw nothing, not that you expected to see anything. Staring up at the sky, dark clouds began to take over, hiding the moon within its shadows. It wasn’t long before small droplets of rain began to fall. A small smile appeared on your lips as you made your way over to your bed, letting your body fall backwards into the sheets.

    You felt your eyelids getting heavier, struggling to keep them open anymore. You let go of all of your worries, letting your dreams wash it all away. This being said, you never did end up putting your things away or even turning off the lights. During your slumber, you weren’t alone, not anymore. There was still another presence in your room. A presence that you would soon discover, and never forget.

//Hey guys! It actually feels really nice to be back! Hopefully I’m going to be more responsible and keep updating chapters on a weekly to bi-weekly basis! I also read some comments and a few of you mentioned that in the previous version, you were a bit upset how there were key features that specifically applied that MC/you are a female protagonist. Considering that there may be guys/girls/nonbinary/etc. That will also read I’ll refrain from using gender specific pronouns for the protagonist! If any term needs to be used, I’ll use the form they or he/she/they, let me know what you think!