Preface

"And I get weary, and sick of trying;I'm tired of living, but scared of dying---But Ol' Man River, He just keeps rolling along

I'm tired of living, but scared of dying---
But Ol' Man River,
He just keeps rolling along."

--- "Old Man River", Showboat

Before saying anything else, I must say a thank you to Laine and Aria Nichols, two wonderfully talented ladies known as avadel Even though they will likely never read this story, owing to the premature "Mature" content warning I've put up before e...

Even though they will likely never read this story, owing to the premature "Mature" content warning I've put up before even writing the mature content, they are talented writers, designers, and editors who put together the cover for this story when it was only a thought. Whether you need a cover, help editing, or are lacking inspiration, these ladies will come to the rescue. :)

Eternally Beloved is the second book in a story that I never thought would have a second book. One idea became two, and two became four, and the part where I was going to write a vampire story evolved into a fictional town with endless lore and backstories. My commitment to writing a book became a plan to write a trilogy.

It is not necessary to read the first book to enjoy the second, but you miss a lot if you don't in terms of unfolding mysteries, character development, and little things like "what is happening in the story." I am going to try to make this story an enjoyable read on its own, but I can't reintroduce each character.

I will give fair warning that like Immortally Beloved, this book is not an easy read for your commute and it is not geared toward a YA audience. The chapters are long, averaging 5k word count each. The characters and plot are intricate, and the subject matter is often intense. Scenes can be mature, although I avoid writing sex, violence, and four-letter words just for reads or shock value. I do write those scenes, but I try to make sure they have the same literary value as PG-13 scenes.

There is plenty of romance in my stories, but it is not Hallmark-romance or Harlequin romance. Still, the fact that romance readers follow my work and root for my characters to find happily ever after makes me smile. I root for them too. :)

If there's not at least one chapter or character in each book that makes readers cry, that story is probably not the right one for me to tell. ;)

Of course, there are characters and themes that younger readers will relate to, and some people will (hopefully) end up fighting with their phones to read the latest chapter. Surprisingly, my stories do have loyal followers among younger readers. However, they tend to win far more appreciation from an older crowd willing to invest hours into reading a good book, like back in the old days when we'd walk barefoot in the snow for 10 miles to get to school.