WICKED LADY

WHEN MAKING A LIST OF GOALS to achieve in her new life in Beacon Hills, Jude Wiley did not expect adding "survive blind kidnapper" and "piss off the evil supernatural forces that keep trying  to ruin a blossoming sense of stability to the point wh...

WHEN MAKING A LIST OF GOALS to achieve in her new life in Beacon Hills, Jude Wiley did not expect adding "survive blind kidnapper" and "piss off the evil supernatural forces that keep trying  to ruin a blossoming sense of stability to the point where they want to kill themselves and eventually leave her alone."

                   Beacon Hills was supposed to be a new chapter in Jude's life. The town gave a facade of a haven she needed for a little R&R (something everyone needed when getting out of juvie for the fourth time). She had everything sorted out; her approval for a transfer was sorted out and approved, her estranged uncle finally found out of her existence and was granted guardianship, and all other odds and ends. The Californian small town was like a light at the end of a dark tunnel. Everything seemed to fall in place  for her to move there. As if fate knew she could do something good. It felt like someone in the heavens was smiling down at her.

                     Jude was determined to make a new start. She was sick of going to detentions and getting into fights (although she maintained the defense that she never started them, after all she is a lady). Years of hiding behind her persona of some tough gal drained her. For once, she wanted to walk in a room and not have the authority figure size her up just in case she went completely fucking berserk. She was a kid for Christ's sake, not a rabid animal. So she decided to reach out to her uncle in hopes he wanted a mess like her. And he did. He wrote back—he understood what it was like to lose the closest person in his life (his sister, Jude's mom) and he didn't blame or judge her too harshly for how she turned out.