[31] Break My Heart

Dedicated to shyswaggg2 for the cool banner on the side, thank you! :)

--

(Unedited)

I should've seen this coming right from the start.

So baby don't come around anymore,

Or you'll be standing outside my front door.

So listen as I say,

Baby I'm tearing us apart,

'Cause you're only gonna break my heart.

~Break My Heart- Victoria Duffield

     I know what you thinking; she kissed him and I walked in at the wrong moment. If that had been the case, though, Kaden would've been pulling away, trying to push her off.

     He wasn't.

     I slowly backed out of the room. Oh gods, please tell me I hadn't just seen what I had. I mean, yeah he had been a player, but I thought he had stopped. Not because I thought I could really change him or anything like that, but that he, at least, cared enough not to cheat, especially right after what had happened with Jared.

     I sped down the stairs, blinking back the tears that threatened to spill over.

     "Done already?" Kallie asked as I can down. "Whoa. Wait. What happened?" she asked when she saw my expression.

     I shook my head, not wanting to explain. "Ask Kaden," I told her bitterly. "Why's Miranda here?" The questions escaped before I could stop it.

     Kallie's eyes widened, then narrowed slightly. "She heard about what happened. She came to see you," she told me.

     Oh, so she didn't come to shove her tongue down my boyfriend's throat? I immediately felt guilty for thinking that. Miranda respected herself enough not to throw herself at a guy that broke up with her. I didn't want to blame Kaden either. I wanted to trust him, but I could help it. The thing was, this was just like what he used to do.

     I gulped and forced back another wave of tears. I stepped around Kallie and headed for the door. "I gotta to," I choked out. I could hear the others calling my name, but I didn't stop.

     Thoughts of Kaden and Miranda swirled around my head as I biked home. I didn't want to think about it, but it was like my mind had decided to put it on repeat, almost like an overplayed song on the radio. Only it saddened me more than annoyed me.

     What hurt the most was thinking of the reason why. Cheating was something Kaden used to do to the girls he didn't want to date anymore. Was that all I was to him now? Another girl to date? A bore? I didn't want to think of it like that, but I couldn't think of any other reasons.

     No one was home when I got back. My parents had gone out with Mr. and Mrs. Fleming to who knows where.

     All of a sudden, my phone starting ringing, causing me to freeze on the stairs. I could already guess who it was look. "Look, Kal, I don't want to talk about it," I said, after flipping open the phone. "I don't care if he's told you what happened or not. I really don't want to talk about it."

     There was a silence. I was about to hang up, when the person on the other end finally spoke up. "Raine?"

     "Devon?" I asked incredulously. "Sorry, I thought you were Kallie," I added, though that much was obvious.