𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐔𝐏

"Why the heck are you even friends with her? She's such a bratty manipulative child bully, a bitch, further more, she's so emotional and petty! Plus, she's ugly and fat."

I sat there, his arm around my shoulders. We were sitting up against the back wall of the building our summer youth camp was held in, and I'd just finished telling him everything.

"Okay. You know what? I can't take it anymore. No one deserves this kind of shit said about them. I don't care if it's said to her face or behind her back, but she's nothing you just said. She's the strongest, bravest, most caring, and sweet girl I know, besides my mother and my sisters. And so what, if she actually is everything you said? It has nothing to do with you." He started full out yelling, then proceeding to slowly calm himself together, before his voice cracked.

"Please, I beg of you, just shut your mouth...and stop spreading these rumours. None of it is true. Nobody deserves shit said about them, in front of them or behind their backs, including people like you." 

"Fine! I'll leave, but this isn't the end of this." She growled, turning away, picking up a stone, throwing it at us, then strutting away.

That stone ricocheted off the wall, and hit the floor next to where we were sitting together.

We.

We?

That was such a weird term.

We. We were best friends. So close, we couldn't be any closer than close, until the point that we knew each others classes by memory, even though we attended different schools. Our parents knew each other since the end of high school, and he'd known me since I was one. 

It had all been the perfect cliche story, until the year I turned 11, and he 12. A 11 year old girl came to our town. She wasn't the prettiest, and she was the nicest girl there was. We became close, almost to the point of closer than close, when she told me she had a crush. 

And that's where it all started going down. 

And then, his voice brought me back to the present.

"I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry...you don't deserve..." His voice cracked yet again. "any of this. At all. You're nothing she just said. Trust me."

"Why...why this? Why me?" I whispered. 

"I'm not trying to judge, but you should have told me what happened earlier. I could have prevented all this..." he sighed, "from happening...but I didn't, and I couldn't."

At this point, I was sobbing. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I just let loose and let everything flow out.

"I don't know... it's just...I'm sorry. I couldn't b-bring...bring myself to tell you. Your mom d-d-didn't want me t-to either. She's right, I'm too emotional, petty, and ug-" 

"Shhh...Don't you dare finish that sentence. You're not. In fact, you're the exact opposite. You're gorgeous. And I know, I'm sorry too. I'm sorry that I didn't know about this earlier, I'm sorry for her telling you all of this, and I'm sorry that we got torn apart. I know you're not in the mood to talk after all that happened, but I want to tell you this."

His eyes became glossy.

He never became emotional, yet alone cried in public. Out of the 14 years I knew him, I'd only seen him cry twice. Both was when we were just little kids. Never had I ever seen him cry after that. 

"That year, that year that you basically ignored me, was one of the worst years of my life. I fully thought it was something I had did. I thought I screwed up big time, but couldn't think of anything I'd did that was wrong. That year, I thought I lost a friend, a best friend, and uh, nevermind." 

He paused, as if wanting to add something more, but stopped. 

"I um...I didn't know you were going through this. If I'd known I would have done something about it. 

❛𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚑❜

♥︎ 696 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙨
♥︎𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙨 𝙤𝙤𝙥-
♥︎ 𝙬𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖 𝙝𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙩𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙞'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩-
♥︎𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙖 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤!
♥︎𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙡𝙤𝙡