Part One: Red Silk Slip Dress

Rayna felt guilty. Beyond. Did she really just touch William's hand? She face palmed herself absentmindedly as she sat in the restroom stall.

She started biting her manicured nails and didn't realize it until she noticed. God, her anxious ticks were getting the best of her.

How have I found myself in this situation? She thought.
William is married, and that is that, she told herself as she took a breath and straightened her red party dress down before making her way back to the banquet. She felt she was lucky it was a private banquet with no cameras. By the queen's orders, at the request of the family.

She went to Beatrice's side immediately as she greeted her.

"Anything wrong, love?" She asked with her rather funny hat.

"No, thank you Bee, just felt a little nauseous," she shrugged off Beatrice's worries.

"Alright," she said adding,
"How 'bout some wine to take the edge off, aye?"

"You read my mind," Rayna sighed with actual relief before the women both got themselves some wine.

The banquet passed by wonderfully. With a few glances stolen by both William and Rayna, she began to become self conscious. Is it just me feeling or seeing this? She wondered.

With that, Beatrice and Rayna excused themselves to the restroom.
Rayna got her answer fairly quickly from her.

Bee made sure to have the restroom empty from the staff before staring at Rayna quizzically.

"I know you, Rayna. Please tell me what's been bothering you for these past weeks,"

"What do ya mean?" Rayna quipped back.

"I see the way you look at him," She said arms crossed, "everyone else may not see it, or even guess it, but I do. I've got the intuition, Rayn,"

Rayna swallowed. So it wasn't all in her head.

"Oh god, Bee," Rayna rather emotional out of nowhere. Damn wine, Rayna thought.

Beatrice was already at her side with a tissue wiping her eyes.

"It's okay, Rayn. Everyone has crushes.." she pointed out.

"It's not just that Bee," Rayna said as she now dabbed her own eyes.

"I love the way he looks at me too," Rayna frowned and almost groaned to herself out of frustration.

Beatrice had a look of sympathy on her face,
"I know. It's terrible right? Love."

Rayna looked at her incredulously,
"Love?"

Beatrice nodded,
"I think you've both fallen in love at first sight, sweetheart," Bee's accent rang through, and Rayna sniffled, looking down at her dampened tear soaked tissue.

"You-you think so?" She looked back up at Bee with a sniffle and a shake of her head. "It can't be,"

"Oh, darling.." Bee rested some hair behind Rayna's ear gently.
"Then why else are you in here crying?"
Before Rayna could blame the wine, Bee already beat her to it.
"And don't even think about blaming the bloody wine, if anything it makes us girls more honest," she looked at Rayna.

After a moment of silence and Beatrice just sitting there comforting Rayna.

She couldn't help but blurt out,
"What do I," she wiped her nose,
"What do I do, Bee?"

Beatrice smiled at her genuinely with empathy once again,
"Absolutely nothing. That's the price anyone pays whom gets involved with this family. Look at Camilla, even Princess Diana, god rest her soul," she said,
"You may not be a part of the royal family, per say, but you are a friend. With that comes responsibility. Even with love, dear," Bee finished for now as Rayna asked for eye drops. She began to feel like a love sick schoolgirl who couldn't get the principal. Thats how ridiculous she felt.