Part Four: No Surprises

Author's note: Yes, another part! This one is a bit longer than the others. Just as a little thank you for the sweet messages that helped me churn out this one. Let me know what ya think xo

Rayna was torn. She thought by now she would be used to the surprises of her life. But this one, she was surprised. She didn't know why she was so surprised. He already had two children with Kate. Why? Why was she so surprised?
It had already been a week.

She bit her lips as she scrolled through the news lines. She didn't want to, but she couldn't help it.
They looked happy, so what in the hell was she doing? She smacked her laptop closed and took a big sigh, laying on her bed.

Soon, her phone rang.
Harry.

"Hello?" She answered a bit curious.

His voice was low,

"Rayn, hey can we meet up? I know a pub, very lowkey,"

"Uh, I guess.. what's up, H?" She asked.

"Just need to talk to ya," he answered.
He was good at hiding whatever in the hell he was hiding.

"Alright, when?"

"Now, I got it covered, they'll be there to pick ya up in five, see you then,"

She had never heard Harry so serious, she thought.

She combed her hair a little, left her lacy black number she had on, and paired it with some black pumps.

With some lipstick, she grabbed her little red clutch and was out of her condo.

When she arrived, it was very lowkey. She would have never guessed this little gem of a pub was hidden. Of course, Harry knew there was always a possibility that paparazzi could lurk. But this time, Rayna was confident no one would find it.

She entered and was greeted by Harry, numerous men gazed upon her as he gave her a short hug.
He introduced her to a couple. One of them mistaken Rayna as his girlfriend, Harry politely corrected him the best he could. But to no avail. The guy was convinced.
Harry led her to a little booth by the small of her back, and sat her down, he across from her.
They both ordered a beer, Rayna noticed he hadn't touched it though. That was very unlike him.

He seemed nervous.

"Is... is something wrong?" She asked, touching his hand gently on the table.

He took a deep breath,
"Will told me," he spoke.

She was puzzled,
"Told you what?"

"About you two,"

She was speechless for a second.

"What do you mean?"

"The kiss, everything," he murmured.

"Oh..." Rayna bit her lip and took a sip of her beer. Harry still wouldn't touch his.

"Look, I know you have always cared for Will, but someone leaked it to the press,"

"What?!" She raised her voice a tad mistakenly.

Harry held her hand across the table for comfort. He looked handsome under the dim pub lights.
His eyes popped.

"Who?" She asked.

"We dunno, but someone did," He sighed shaking his head, giving her hand a quick squeeze before letting go, rubbing the back of his neck.

She held her fingers on her temple, elbow on the table.

"No one knows, H," She pondered.

"Anyone you can think of?"

"N-no," she stammered,
"I'm just as dumbfounded as you,"