That Kind of Love

That Kind of Love.  

I was browsing my facebook news feed when someone sat beside me.  "Hey Kate, ano yan?"

Sinilip ko lang siya then continued scrolling down. "Nothing, just killing time." Tuloy tuloy lang ako sa pagbasa ng status and view ng mga photos when one friend caught my eye.

It was a girl crush of mine since highschool. She was a senior then, and she had a boyfriend. Okay, for the record I'm not a lesbo or what. It's just that, cute talaga si ate and very friendly kaya hindi mahirap i-approach.

"She's pretty." Rain said.

"She's beautiful. Alam mo bang sikat siya sa campus namin not only because she's pretty and smart but because of her boyfriend too? They have the same nicknames." I added.

"Talaga? Her name's Pat. So her boyfriend's name is Pat too?" I nodded then went to click Ate Pat's profile.

"Bakit parang aliw na aliw ka sa kanya? I can see it in your eyes." I looked at Rain and smiled.

"They have the typical love story but Ate Pat.." I stopped and looked away. "She's more than just a girlfriend. She's the most understanding girl I ever met."

"Tell me more about her.. and them."

**

"Baby, I'm sorry. We're just friends. There's nothing more than that." Ate Pat just smiled and touched Kuya Pat's face as if memorizing every detail.

"Wag ka na magsorry. Selosa lang talaga ko, baby. But don't worry, naiintindihan ko naman." We never knew who Kuya Pat was talking about. But seeing Ate Pat's sad smile as she turned around was a smile that still makes her beautiful, but unhappy.

**

"Do they always fight?" Rain asked and held my laptop. "Wag ka muna maglaptop okay? Magkwento ka muna." I looked for the perfect sitting position and eyed him.

"They do. Pero it's normal naman diba? Hindi naman nawawala ang fights sa isang relationship."

"Yeah, it's normal. Pero kung lagi-lagi, it wouldn't help their relationship grow." He smiled and gestured me to continue telling stories about them.

**

"Pat, boyfriend mo oh." Pat looked at the same direction her bestfriend pointed at. "Ano, wala ka man lang bang gagawin? Okay lang?" Ate Pat just sadly smiled and just walked away.