one | how trouble starts

|||

|||it was raining, a somewhat rare occurrence in sunny california, and a damp jade west stood outside in the cold

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

|||
it was raining, a somewhat rare occurrence in sunny california, and a damp jade west stood outside in the cold. the only thing protecting her from the water was a thin jacket she'd thrown on in a hurry. she wiped her face of moisture and worked up the courage to knock on the door of the apartment she spent so long looking for. she'd been searching the complex for door 603 for a while now and was officially drenched, droplets falling to the floor from her hair. slowly, the girl lifted her pale fist and knocked three times, immediately regretting it. she debated leaving and sleeping on one of the benches around the city- the homeless seemed to make it work. but the door opened before she could turn around, revealing a half dressed logan misty, her bushy hair tied up in an unflattering messy bun. her tired eyes widened as she saw who was at her door, opening the door more to let her in as she saw the mascara streaks running down her face, having a feeling they weren't from the rain. jade walked slowly through the door frame and down the narrow hallway following, already questioning why she decided to come here. but it wasn't like she had anywhere else to go, all of her friends lived in the better side of town and not even 15 yet, she couldn't drive.

"im sorry," she turned as soon as she met the living room, logan almost bumping into her. "i shouldn't have came, i'll go." jade tried to walk past her down the hallway but logan grabbed her arm.

"you're fine, you can stay. i can make some tea?" logan started to walk towards the kitchen, giving jade the choice to follow or not.

after a moment's hesitation she followed, toeing her muddy shoes off before she continued dirtying the carpet. she walked a few feet to the kitchen and sat on one of the three tall chairs lined by the counter. jade watched as logan poured water into a kettle and turned the stove on.

"what, are we british now?" jade sassed, walls higher than ever but logan didn't seem to mind her rudeness, only glancing over and snorting.

"i have cocoa if you want that instead." logan offered, pulling a mug from the cabinet above her and looking towards the other girl for an answer. after a nod from jade she pulled another and shut the cabinet.

they waited in silence for a while- jade twiddling with the things sitting atop the counter, and logan readying her tea packet and pulling out a container of cocoa powder and marshmallows. the quiet was broken as the water finished boiling and the kettle started to screech. logan turned the stove off and swiftly made their drinks as jade watched the girl dressed in booty shirts and a spaghetti strap. she took a moment to inspect the girls home. jade sat technically in the living room, her back facing the 'L' shaped couch and tv set. separated by the wooden counter top jade leaned her elbows on was the kitchen, painted a surprising lime green. jade guessed she could walk the length of the two rooms in ten big steps. it was small and it smelled strongly of incense. overall it was underwhelming. but somehow being there comforted her more than any of her rich friends' houses did. this was something she was used to. and right then, she really needed something familiar.