16: Not My Reflection

''So, where are you guys from?'' Ethel asked as she prepared some stuff.

''We're from Riverdale'' Veronica replied.

''Really? I thought you were from Greendale'' Ethel said as she sat down.

''100% Riverdale blood'' Betty replied.

''Right. So, as Joaquin said, we're going to do process one on you'' Ethel told the three girls. ''What's going to happen with process one?'' Cheryl asked Ethel. ''We're just going to check your blood rate, normal stuff. And we're going to look if you don't have any bite marks'' Ethel explained.

''What marks?'' Veronica asked.

''Beast marks'' Ethel simply replied. ''Beast marks?'' Betty asked confusedly. ''That's not my story to tell. You're going to have to try and talk to Boss'' Ethel said as she began checking up on Betty.

----------------

After a bit, the three girls were all checked.

''Now, we're going to check if you have any beast marks'' Ethel said and the girls got a bit nervous. ''H-how are we going to do that?'' Cheryl asked. ''Don't worry. Boss made sure you won't have to feel uncomfortable. You can do it yourself in those rooms'' Ethel said and pointed towards three doors.

''But, please, don't lie if you do have marks. You don't want to live with beast marks, I promise you'' Ethel warned with worried eyes.

The three girls just nodded and went into a room.

--------------------------

''Hey, I'm all clear'' Cheryl said as she came out of the room.

''Me too'' Veronica said.

''No marks or anything'' Betty replied as they stood by Ethel.

''Good. Now, you're free to explore around the kingdom'' Ethel said. ''Be careful'' She added and the three nodded before they got escorted to their rooms.

-------------------

''We have to talk to Toni'' Betty said and the other two agreed.

''You have to what now?'' A voice said, making the girls jump up and turn around.

''Sorry, I couldn't help but overhear'' Sweet Pea said.

''Boss is busy but I can get you in'' He continued. ''Really?'' Veronica asked and Sweet Pea nodded. ''Just follow me'' He said and walked up in front.

''Right in here'' Sweet Pea said as he opened the heavy door with a grunt.

There stood a figure with his back towards everyone until it turned around.

''Sweet Pea, what is this?'' Toni asked Sweet Pea.

''They wanted to talk to you and I wanted to give them the chance'' Sweet Pea replied. ''Alright. Privacy, please'' Toni replied with a sigh.

Sweet Pea turned to the three girls.

''Get on his good side. You don't wanna get on his bad side'' He whispered and the girls nodded a 'thank you'. He nodded before he left.

Toni sat down and motioned for the girls to sit down in front of him. They did as he said so and it was silent. But this was a different kind of silence.

''Let me guess. This is about Reggie, isn't it?'' Toni spoke up.

''Actually, we had another question'' Betty replied.

''And that is?'' Toni asked.

''What are beast marks?'' Cheryl asked and Toni stood up in shock.

He looked perplexed. ''How do you know about that?'' He asked, now worried. ''Ethel told us just now'' Betty replied.

''What else did she tell you?'' Toni asked.

''Nothing. Only that we don't want to live with beast marks'' Cheryl said and Toni nodded.

''So, can you tell us what they are?'' Veronica asked, which made Toni sigh and sit down. The girls looked at him confusedly and waited for him to speak again.

''Beast marks are circular marks that can appear anywhere on your body. It depends on where you were injected'' Toni began.

He ruffled in his drawer and took out a strange looking pen with instead of a top, it was an injection needle.

''Whenever someone gets injected, they become a beast, of course. And once you become a beast, you'll always be a beast. Beasts have another blood type; green'' Toni continued.

He then stuck the needle into his arm with a grunt. The three girls jumped up in shock to see what happened. ''Chic'' Toni could barely get the words out of his mouth.

A blonde-haired guy came up to the desk. ''The needle can test whether someone is a Beast or not. His veins are starting to get green and he will have more trouble with breathing'' The guy explained.

He held his hand against Toni's neck. His hand started glowing and soon enough, Toni dropped to the ground.

He breathed heavily and sat down in his chair.

''So, I guess you can all tell what happened?'' Toni questioned and he looked at the shocked girls.

''What are you doing to Reggie?'' Cheryl asked.

''Nothing. I told the guards to leave him in his room'' Toni replied softly. ''I thought you put him in a cell because he was bitten?'' Betty questioned but Toni shook his head.

''He shouldn't have to pay for things he'll never be'' Toni replied.

''How do you mean?'' Veronica asked.

Toni stood up.

''I am the one and only beast. Dr Evernever picked me. He chose to ruin MY life.''