16|Because He Is Dead.

And then Niles was fine and smiling at me.

"So I got to make our dear Lauren Cass realize that you're a sweet girl. Impressive." And then he flashed his pearls at me and smirked.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Okay, so my turn.....Why did you write you'll always be with me in the comment in the picture you posted of him in your IG account?" When I asked him that, he gulped once but then he looked up and said, "Because he is dead. He is my father and he died when I was less than seven."

I looked at him and then hugged him. "I am sorry. It was something I saw and it bugged me."

"I don't mind. Anyway, it is my turn." He said before wiping the single lone tear that fell out of his eye.

"When did you start liking Lauren?"

Okay, what do I say now?

"Umm, Eighth grade," I said on remembering that he shifted to our school when we were in the eighth.

"Oh, Love at first sight?"

"Just one question, Niles." I grinned at him while he pouted. "Tell me what you want to be."

"You just wasted a question because everyone knows what I want to be, Chloe." The moment he spoke my name, I felt tingles.

"Well, I don't," I replied.

"I want to be a scientist."

"Oh."

"So tell me was it, love, at first sight?"

"Yeah, kind of," I said trying my best to pretend like I am imagining the day I pretend to fall in love with him.

"You know what, don't mind. But this love, at first sight, is just something I don't believe in. It is like you don't know that person and you fell. It seems like you fall for his physical appearance. And you know they say, 'You should love a person by his nature and not appearance'. Don't mind but it seems like bullshit to me." He said.

"Yeah. I myself thought that it was bullshit but after he came, I started to believe it." I said shaping yet another lie.

We talked until it was time to go. He helped me as he did and upon reaching home, we sneaked in but it wasn't successful.

"Hi." I yelped in surprise when I heard that and knowing there was no option left, I and Niles turned around.

"Both of you are busted," India said smirking.

"India, um, we were out."

"Yeah? May I know where?"

"Waffles." Whereas at the same time, Niles spoke, "Walk."

This just made India smirk more. Before she could speak anything, I spoke up, "We went for a walk but seeing waffles, I suggested we should eat waffles."

"I know you guys are lying and if anyone in this house comes to know about this, they are going to kill you. You know that right?" I nodded.

"I am not going to tell anyone as long as you guys don't do these midnight trips. Now, both of you, back to your rooms." Niles nodded and then quietly went to their room.

"Hey, India, I had a question. Could you spare a minute?" I asked after Niles was nowhere in sight.

"Sure."

"Um, when I came to your house, and when Carter came down, he was kind of staring at Wilson. And his eyes were like, his eyes were full of adoration. So I want to ask whether he is-"

"I don't know if he is gay or not. Remember the only person he actually talks to is Rebecca. Ask her, she'll surely know." She said and I nodded and went straight to bed.

"Chloe, wake up. Time to wake up." I heard someone say but sleep was too loving so I ignored the person.

I felt someone shaking my whole body but I still thought sleep was lovelier.

And then in a moment, someone screamed in my ear. "CHLOE!!!WAKE UP!!! OR ELSE I WILL MAKE YOU SHOWER WITH COLD WATER!!!"
Suddenly, my eyes were open.

"Goddammit." I saw the person who did this to me.

Rebecca.

"Bex." I glared at her and she stood there grinning. Immediately, a question popped into my mind.

"Sit." I patted the space beside me and she sat with a confusing look.

"What happened?"

"I wanted to know if Carter is gay or not because when we came, he was kind of staring at Wilson with a glitter in his eyes," I said.

"Okay, um, yes he is gay, but it is just between us, no one should know about, promise me."

"I promise. And thanks for letting me know. Can it be the reason why he hates me?"

"Like I always say, he doesn't hate you, Chloe. He has some other reasons. Maybe you should talk to him or have a brother-sister time." She suggested.

"I would think about it. And thanks again now let me shower." She nodded and went downstairs.

I descended the stairs and came in sight of my dear cousins and Dan and Soph.

"Where are the guys?" I asked but midway, I winced because of the pain that shot through my leg. And suddenly Rebecca was helping me.

"School. I forced them. They weren't getting their butts away from you."

"Language." I quoted him. And everyone in the room except for Brian and him laughed.

"We are leaving, Chloe. Take care of yourself." India said and pulled me in for a hug. Everybody then came and hugged me.

"Sorry, Mom, Dad, Aunt Em and Uncle Tyler couldn't make it. They had loads of work." Carter said and Chris and Christiana nodded.

"'S Okay." We bid them and then I read for a few hours when I heard the door open. I looked back and saw Cal and the guys. I smiled at them and they came to me and asked me how I was feeling.

"I'm going to make something. What do you want, Lemon?"

"Anything will work," I said and Cal excused himself to make something.

The weird thing was when everyone came, Aaron just ran to the backyard. He didn't even come to my room when the guys came.

Hey guys. Another chapter. And what do you think why Aaron was acting queer. Did you get a bit of info about Niles too? What about that?

Anyway, vote, comment, share like usual.

Until then,
Nishi.