Chapter 1: Day 1: Kill existance with life, hate existance with love

"Hey, hey! Kiyo! Please calm!" Gonta was shouting to me from the other side of my hallucination. My eyes came back to the sense of reality and stared back at Gonta. Luckily, I have seen what happens to him already so I dont have to see him again. "Why Kiyo crying?!"

"Oh. I am?" I felt my cheek that was now wet from a few tears dripping down. "Ignore it. Lets go. We dont want to be late, do we?" I asked him, a smile still attempting to plaster itself on my face. I didn't want him to worry....

"Oh! Right! Gonta race you!" He chirped, running down the street with large thuds. He's rather tall for a 16 year old so I wouldnt be surprised if I could hear his footsteps from a mile away. People sometimes call him a giant. Its disgusting.

I attempted to speed my pace but my bag kept my pace at its limit. After the slow jog to the entrance, me panting for my life and Gonta checking if I was okay, I was finally at the entrance. The large school loomed above me as groups of boys came rushing past us. It was a large school, especially for a specific gender school.

I took Gonta's hand and tried to blend in with the crowd, looking down so I didn't have to lock eyes and suddenly stop in my tracks again.

Today was rather normal. Classes, me occasionally threatening Amami if he ever came near me, bumping arms with Gonta when we passed by eachother in the hallway. I'm beginning to think he does it intentionally.

But there was one odd thing today...

I was on one of my breaks, sat on a bench (obviously alone) until someone came and sat beside me. They were rather short. Wait...

"I'm sorry about how Amami overreacts, Shinguuji." It seemed to be Amami's close one, sitting beside me. But why?

"No, no. Its fine. I dont worry about him... Hoshi, was it?" I asked with pure curiousity. Even though I know how he dies I still dont even know his name.

"Mm." He affirmed. We was sat in silence for a while until he finally spoke up again. "You do know that we aren't in love right? He told me not to tell anyone this but I'm not holding it in any longer."

"Huh? Are you serious? Is it like... a forced relationship or something?" I was honestly pretty confused. I got that they didnt like eachother from the start but why didn't either of them speak up before?

"I'm pretty damn serious. He's a lunatic. I have a pretty firm crush on someone here and if I didn't stay by his side then... he would tell him fake rumors about me. I really dont want that happening."

"By any chance, could you tell me who?"

"Kiibo Idabashi." Wow. He was straight out with it. Much more confident than I could ever be.

"Oh. The science kid? Well, I wish you good luck." I began making my way off as I'm pretty sure the rest of the conversation was going to be pretty awkward.

"Good luck with Gokuhara." He called to me, staying put. Was it really that obvious that I liked him?! Does Gonta himself know?!

I brushed that off during the day and time went by pretty fast. I met up with Gonta while walking home again.

"Anything wrong with Kiyo? He look sad.." Gonta asked of me.

"No. Today hasnt been any different than the hellhole of others. I did find out something today." I replied with pure honesty.

"Oh. Did Ryoma tell you too?" Is he really that confident all of a sudden?

"Yes. Yes he did. He really didn't have to but... well... he did." I had to tell him some kind of truth.

"He contradict himself. He said he no like Amami but he still with him."

"Its like that weird phrase. 'Kill existance with life, hate existance with love.'"

"What that mean?"

"It means contradictions can make a difference. Even if you dont mean to say something, it could really be how you feel inside."

"Oh. Gonta will keep that in mind!"