Introductions

Reading the bible is more than just important to believers of Christ, it's our lifestyle & spiritual practices as a Christian. For the Christian people, reading the bible is one of the methods to hear His Words & His proclamations about His love to us, human being. It's our life guide & tips by the God Himself, so that the human beings could live their lives according to His will. And I think, that's why even though the bible has a long history of being passed on, copied, rewrote, and even burnt or stole, the content of this book still survive and remain the same as the once it was compiled, thousands of years ago.

Written by several people with the Holy Spirit guidance itself, so that the people could know that this text was made by God, through the hands of mortals made us possibly couldn't treat it properly as one of the history's property. Yup, it's a history property, so it's imperfect. That's one of the most common misunderstanding of the Christians people about bible. Well, I'm not saying that I'm not having faith to the bible(First of all, I'm a Christian as well & I love bible stories), but to accept the idea that bible is a flawless book and don't need to be explained further, is not just stupid, but also ignorance.

And also, what is the strongest reasons that people still couldn't help themselves to read the bible, daily? Because, bible is old & boring! Not to mention that some of the contents are so controversial & confusing. Bible is not an interesting book to the modern people because we have lost the touch of connections to the books. The book was written by an author that was trapped in the dimensions of time & space, that made the new-age era people, had some challenges to read them.

To treat them with respect & gentle as a history product is not to be rejecting totally about all the contents of the bible & even claiming that it's a misleading information. Well yes, at some point the facts at the bible could be false, but we need to take it gently, because we're talking about 2000 years old book, and comparing it to an era that is so advanced that we already gone to the moon from the last 50 years ; an achievement that has never been in the bible's writer imaginations back then.

So, what's the proper response to the bible's content then? Well, one of the simplest answer to that question is to read & learn more. To understand the texts in their own context; What was the time when they're writing about this, their social history, political states, and even the climate situations could help a lot in understanding the bible. I sure do hope, you still got the spirit to learn new things about bible & prepare yourself to unlearn what you already know before, because this book is full of surprises & complex situations.

Fun fact about bible, this book is one of the oldest literature products that has the most writers in it; the number-one best-selling book of all time, and yet the content of this book has been so controversial, that this book has been claimed by some people as their reason to fight against government, starting a revolution, and even disclaiming other beliefs as misguided. Like people say about gun; the tools are innocent, the blame should go to the user. Same as the bible, because we could view the bible as one of the motives that started the 'Crusades' or the Mother Teresa's 'Missionary of Charity'.

So, if you choose to believe that bible is a truthful book, filled with life guidance & God's Word, then to read it, is not just a habit that we should adopt, but also our action towards our beliefs in God. Bible is like a book of 'God's Love Letter', because as my experiencing of reading them, this book is so full of guidance, suggestions, intriguing stories with the same main message; God loves His creations and will take care of us, forever. A reminder to us, that there's a greater force out there, that do love & care for us.