~1~

Reagan's world consisted of sunlight, flowers, peace, family and love. Where everyone was good and the world was shining.

Well, that's how she liked to perceive it at least.

Being the natural optimist she is, and the fact her mother was the modern equivalent of a hippy, Reagan Louisa Moore believed that there was good in everyone and everything, even if they seemed lost.

With upbeat pop music playing from her radio, Reagan sat at her dressing table, preparing herself for the day ahead. She was readily dressed in blue denim shorts and matching jacket, white sneakers and a pink vest top. Swiping mascara onto her already luscious lashes that framed her ocean blue eyes, applying some rosy blush onto her cheeks, adding some pink lipgloss to her plump lips. A few colourful bangles slipped onto her wrists, an accompanying pair of white feather earrings clipped to her ears, and to complete her coordinated outfit, she picked up a beautiful pink and white flower crown from its place of pride on her table before setting it carefully upon her head of curly brown locks. A rather unusual accessory but Reagan didn't mind. It made her individual and she didn't mind that if it made her feel happy.

Satisfied that she was ready, she picked up her denim satchel and headed off out to the landing, down the stairs towards the kitchen.

Their home was large and the family needed for nothing. Reagan's dad made sure of that. Being Captain of the entire county police force certainly held financial benefit. But to Reagan that didn't matter.

"Morning dad!--"

Reagan trailed off from her chirpy call, her expression dropping slightly in disappointment as she entered the kitchen to find her father was not there. Her eyes travelled to the fridge, where a note was left pinned to it with a fridge magnet. She plucked it from the fridge hesitantly.

"Working late, be home sometime after 3am. Order dinner in for yourself - Dad."

A soft sigh of disappointment escaped her lips, and disheartened, she set it on the countertop. She wasn't surprised, as this was the norm for her father. Late nights, long shifts, paperwork stacks higher than the coffee table. And a gaping absence in their large home that was uncomfortably quiet as a result.

"Of course you are... Working like always."

It wasn't that she wasn't proud of all her father's achievements. Being a Police Captain was prestigious indeed. She just missed him being there. She missed the feeling of having someone beside her, who would guide and give her companionship. Her mother was no longer around and Reagan didn't mix well with crowds. She felt quite alone.

Shaking the negative thoughts from her head, she picked up her purse off the side and headed for the front door. Not being a fan of greasy takeout food, she decided to head out and pick up some supplies and make a good hearty homecooked meal. Something her dad could pick at too when he eventually returned home.

xxx

Reagan smiled to all those she passed, though few would return it, as she strolled in a relaxed manner down the street. Smiles never cost anything, her mother would always tell her. Despite her being disappointed about her father's absence, again she never let it ruin her mood and how she is acted around others.

Walking down to the end of the street where the food shops were, her smile faltered when she noticed posters promoting hate and action against the Transformers. Images of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee with the words "HATE" written in bold below. Posters that encouraged any who came into contact with either Autobot or Decepticon to honour Chicago's victims and report them immediately.