Chapter 15

Harry entered the Gryffindor Common room, the same silly smile spread across his face. Ron and Hermione were sitting by the fire, Crookshanks curled up on Hermione’s lap, a book in the brunettes hand. Ron was glaring at the parchment in front of him, no doubt trying to finish the potions essay Harry had yet to start. He couldn’t quite walking up to the common room, only the kiss that played on a loop in his mind.
Ron looked up as Harry sank into the armchair across from them, looking relived to have a distraction from his work.
“Harry!” he said, pausing before adding, “why are you grinning like that?” Harry attempted to flatten his mouth into a normal expression, knowing that he had failed when Hermione looked up at him, a frown creasing her forehead.
“I’m just happy to see you guys.” He lied unconvincingly. Ron just stared at him.
“Mhmm.” Hermione said, raising an eyebrow and giving Harry a look before going back to her book. Seeing Hermione give up, Ron sighed and turned his eyes back to the paper in front of him. Harry just sat and continued to grin his silly smile, thinking about Draco and how they had kissed.

As soon as Draco couldn’t see Harry anymore he ran, sprinting for the dungeons. As he burst into the common room his eyes landed on Pansy, and grabbing her arm he dragged her up the stairs, spluttering about losing her page.
“Pansy” he spoke, having checked the dorm and put up silencing spells around the room. “I kissed Potter.” He smiled at this, remembering the warmth of his lips and the way his hand stroked his hair.
“Oh my Merlin Draco what? When did this happen? How did it happen?” she shrieked, dancing around Draco before pulling him into a hug. Draco laughed at her enthusiasm, watching her sit down opposite him, legs crossed and eyes sparkling, waiting for him to tell her all about it.
“So he took me on a date...” Draco began before telling her the whole story, not leaving out any details, because Pansy could tell when he did, anyway.

...

A few days later, Harry was going mad. How was he supposed to concentrate on the conversation when he could hear Draco’s laughter from across the hall? How was he supposed to concentrate in class when Draco sat opposite him, his perfect white teeth biting at his soft lip at a particularly complicated question? How was he supposed to pretend he was absolutely not staring at his very perfect arse every single time he bent over when he dropped something?

He couldn’t quite remember when he had slipped down this slippery slope, but he suddenly found that he was at the bottom. And totally screwed. You wish you were, by Malfoy in particular. His brain helpfully supplied, making him bury his head in his arms at breakfast where of course Malfoy was sitting opposite him, right in his line of vision, and as much as he tried to avoid looking like he was staring, he could tell he failing rather miserably. He just looked so gorgeous just sitting there, cutting up his toast – who cuts up their toast for Merlin’s sake – and popping it into his mouth.
As Draco started on a bowl of cereal, sucking the spoon after each mouthful, Harry couldn’t take it anymore, or at least couldn’t sit at this table watching Malfoy without moaning aloud. Jumping up, he muttered some excuse to his friends before rushing out of the hall, his mind full of Malfoy sucking on that spoon, licking the last bits of milk off it, just like you would like him to do to your-, his brain stopped midsentence, interrupted by a voice calling his name.
“Potter.” He heard a very familiar sneer, accompanied by a trademark Malfoy smirk. “Why did you leave the great hall?” he asked, his voice full of fake innocence, and suddenly Harry knew that Draco had known exactly what his effect on Harry was.
“Draco” he murmured, moving closer and smirking at the sound of Draco’s breath hitching at their closeness. Glancing around, Harry spotted an alcove nearby, pulling a protesting Malfoy with him. Harry placed a finger on Malfoy’s lips, effectively making his breath hitch again, and shushed him.
“We’re not going to get caught.” He reassured him. “I’ve been waiting so long to do this again and you have been driving me mad, all that sucking and bending over and biting your lip.”
“Glad to see you noticed.” Malfoy smirked, his eyes holding a cheekiness that Harry made a mental note to be wary of at a later time.
“Merlin Draco you’ve been driving me crazy.” Harry murmured, his lips brushing Draco’s ear, causing a shiver to go through the taller boy. Harry tilted his head up, an unspoken invitation that Draco gladly took, connecting their lips without any hesitation.
The kiss was heated with both boy’s passion and need, Draco opening his mouth immediately to allow Harry in. Their tongues swirled around each other, Draco’s senses occupied with Harry. He could smell his fresh soap, a mix of pine and something oaky. His touch rested on his hip holding him close, one hand in his hair.
Draco smelt of parchment and fresh ink, his hair soft under Harry’s fingers and his hands resting lightly on Harry’s hips as if he was scared he would leave a mark.
When they broke apart they were both panting, reluctant to let go already. But they had to get to potions class, and after Draco had smoothed his hair and shaken his head at Harry’s ‘lost cause’, they set off, Harry resigning himself to another hour of not so subtly staring at Draco and hopefully his ass.