The Little Mermaid (Ariel)

Today is the tale of the little mermaid. So everyone, grab your seashell bras and your mermaid tails, and let's dive right into this underwater shit show.

So the story starts off with six mermaid sisters. Their mother was killed and their father was too busy to take care of them so the sisters were being taken care of by the king's mother. Each princess has her own garden to do whatever she chooses. In the youngest mermaid's garden (in the book she has no name so we gon stick with Ariel, aight) was only red flowers in the shape of the sun, along with a statue of a man that was made of marble.

Fast forward, the king is angry that Ariel keeps going to the surface because it is FORBIDDEN!!! According to the book, the mermaids are able to go to the surface if they so please once they reach the age of 15. All of the sisters are below the age of 15 so they just listen to the tales their grandmother tells them of the surface. 

Once her sisters turn 15, they tell her tales as well. Along with their stories and her grandmother's stories, she becomes obsessed with the surface. The sisters are basically sirens at this point because they only go to the surface to sing to sailors about how great life is "under the sea". I say sirens because the only way for the sailors to see the kingdom was because they would be, well, dead by the time they get there. 

Once Ariel turns 15, her grandmother dresses her up so that she can go to the surface. Just like the movie, there was a party and a storm and the shipwreck. So basically everything from the ship party to Ariel saving Eric (the prince has no name so we gon stick with Eric, aight) was all canon. Ariel drags Eric to the shore all night. When morning hits, she finds a shore with a church,  or something like that, and drops him off in hopes someone will save him. 

A group of church girls found him and dragged him into the church to nurse him back to health. When he woke up, the first thing he saw was one of the girld and believed she was the one who saved him. Ariel saw this and swam back to the ocean in sadness.

The next part kind of goes along with the plot of the movie but doesn't at the same time. Ariel does go to a sea witch to get legs in exchange for her voice, that part is kind of cannon. In the movie, Ursula took her voice, in the book, the witch took her TOUNGUE!!! What's not cannon is what happened when she tried to walk. Once she got on land to practice walking, she was in a universe of pain. Every step she took felt like she was continuously being stabbed in her feet and legs.

The witch also gave her a time limit. She has seven days to make the prince fall in love with her and she would stay human forever. However, if he doesn't love her, she could kill him instead and still stay human. Total double edged sword, i know. If he doesn't love her and she doesn't kill him, she dies.

Are we surprised that he fell in love with that church girl? No, no we are not, because that's exactly what happened. Eric knew of Ariel and they actually became friends, he just didn't like her like that and she knew that. The wedding day between the prince and the church girl was the seventh day, because apparently in the 1830s people marry those who they've only known for a week 😒. Ariel, being the pussy she is, didn't have the heart to kill him. She knew he wouldn't love her so she just accepted her fate. She jumped off the boat the wedding was being held on and proceeded to turn into sea foam...

The bitch disintegrated 😆

Moral of the story: never fall in love with washed up men you just met. Let him drown (jkjk)

The original story was written by Hans Christian Anderson in 1837

707 words