19. Elle

I have a husband.

The thought is stuck in my head as I stand in the middle of Logan's bathroom. This is by far the most absurd thing that I've ever done. At least I'm getting more than just a night I'll remember for probably for the rest of my life. I consider this some sort of win situation, it was on a whim that I told him I wanted a contract. Not even for a second did I think he'd actually consider me, let alone agreeing to it so easily.

As I start the shower and wait for the warm water to steam up the place, it's his end of the bargain that I'm worried about. I wasn't lying when I told him I had no interest in my father's dealings, I'd rather stay away from it. So how does he expect me to take over things and then serve it all up to him on a silver platter? There were a lot of contingencies to that plan, I don't have the slightest idea of what my father really did, to begin with. How do I take over something that I'm not even an expert in? And most important of all, my father values his business way too much, he's proved that all his life--he would rather lose it all than give it to me.

That's something I knew deep in my heart. I feel out of place as I unbutton Logan's shirt, that I borrowed without permission, I take one quick glance around the massive bathroom just to be sure that he's not watching me through some spy cam. Although he didn't have to, he's already seen me naked. Almost instantly there's a throbbing pulse igniting heat between my legs, insinuating the thoughts of his rock hard body against mine, his lips kissing me all over. I still can't pin why my body is so enticed by him. Sure, he's hot as hell but he's got issues that I can't come to terms with even now, starting with he fucking kidnapped me.

I quickly step inside the foggy shower cubicle, washing off the stench of crusty blood from my hair and replacing it with Logan's sandalwood shampoo. The weight of the wedding ring on my finger feels new and it's something I need time to get adjusted to. I never wore rings and bracelets just for the fact that they obstructed me from playing well. Damian hated it that I never wore a lot of jewelry, said it made me look incomplete but I'd rather pick my comfort over his or anybody else's opinions.

I briskly finish up the rest of my shower with the eagerness to get my phone back. Turning back to the room, I find my clothes laid out on the bed and I slip on whatever has been picked out for me. As I step out of Logan's bedroom, it takes me a minute to get my bearings together and find a way down to the living room. I make a mental note to ask Logan to get me a map for this freaking place.

"The doctors here to see you" Lara's voice comes out of nowhere, scaring the shit out of me but I let it ride off as she moves towards the short, scruffy looking man with a tan briefcase. If you ask me, his familiar face doesn't pass for one as a doctor, he looked more like a man who's spent his life gambling and when it came to retirement he decided to do something more decent. But who am I to judge someone by the way they look and I also highly doubted Logan would hire someone like that.

With that thought, I let the man interrogate me as he changes the bandage on my forehead and puts a fresh and smaller band aid over it. "Mr McKenzie mentioned you're having trouble differentiating between your dream and reality? Do you remember what happened to you?"

"I know what happened before I got hit, the events that took place after that I have memory off, only I thought I was dreaming" I contemplate whether I should be telling this man what really happened.

"That's alright, its common to tell things apart right after an accident but as long as you have your memory" He nods.

"Do you find yourself sensitive to light or sound?"

"No" I reply as I look out the window behind him, its bright outside and the few leaves that haven't yet been shed off from the branches drift with the wind.

"Any nausea? Headaches?"

I shake my head again as I respond, "Just a mild headache but I get migraines a lot"

He takes a note of that in his file. "Did you take your medication this morning?" No, because I thought my husband was trying to drug me. "No"

"You should be taking them, they'll help with the headaches. Apart from that I don't think there's anything we need to worry about" I watch his hand move swiftly as he jots things down with his pen. "Does that mean I can go back to work?" I ask, because I need to go back as soon as possible and I know Logan wouldn't allow it unless I get a green card from the doctor. Why do you care if he let's you work or not? Its your decision.

"What's your profession again?" he looks up at me through the lens of his glasses. "I'm a musician" He gives it a thought before replying, "Considering that you're not sensitive to sound, I'll give you a go. You just have to be careful not to stress yourself too much, Mrs McKenzie" How the hell does he know we're married?

"Its Lively" I state immediately as he begins to pack his briefcase. "I'm sorry" He pauses, looking at my face cluelessly. "My last name, I haven't changed it" I reply and he nods, "My apologies. I didn't realize, please give me a call if you don't feel right at any moment"

***

After spending a good half hour looking for Logan I finally find his office in the remotest part of the mansion. There's a woman standing outside his doors, short, blonde hair with a face of a model.

Who is she?

"Can I help you?" She questions when she sees me.

"Is Logan inside?" I ask and her eyes sparkle in curiosity with the mention of his name. She scans me from head to toe, wondering who the hell I am.

"He's busy and not taking any visitors" Her lips click and it annoys me.

Seriously, who the fuck is she?

"Could you try checking if he'll give me a minute? It's really important" I'm still trying to hide my annoyance, to which she clutches the iPad in her hands close to her chest.

"Look, I'm going to be honest with you. He doesn't do relationships, only one night stands so you better save your breath and get going"

"Thanks for the advise—I guess— but I need to see him" I wondered if the throbbing of the vein on my forehead showed on the outside.

"Don't make me call security" Did she really just threaten me? The tempting thought of her tossing me out of this place crosses my brain but I don't see anything fruitful coming out of it. He's going to get me back and probably fire her ass and I'm not interested in any of that.

"You can throw me out if you want but first I need to see him" With that I push past her, the stilettos she's wearing click as she blinks behind me.
.
.
.
A/N :

Who knew Elle would be possessive over her husband?

We're half way through the book!

Where do you guys think I'm taking this story?

Please comment, vote & share!!

Thank you for reading!