Chapter 20- The Final Battle

Warnings: None

2023, Destroyed Avengers Compound, Age 15.

Cassie's POV:

With our massive army of heroes, we all charged towards Thanos' army. Like the powerful kid that I am, I flew straight to battle, blasting aliens away and obliterating others. A larger alien knocked me down and charged in my direction, before getting skewed by black energy. I looked confused, as Dustin emerged behind the skewed alien and put his right arm out.

"Never thought I'd ever work alongside you." I muttered, taking his hand either way.

"Don't expect it to ever happen again." Dustin said in a serious, monotone voice.

Together, we took down several aliens. I flew around after more aliens to kill and saw an alien approaching Stark, who was hugging Peter, something you definitely didn't see too often. As the two turned around and saw the alien, I lifted the alien up in the air and obliterated it with blades. Stark and Peter turned to me. Stark, I guess in relief, approached and hugged me as well, which was nice. I needed that after apparently having disappeared for 5 years.

Quill's POV:

I took down several of these stupid aliens, flying through the air, before landing pretty much in a little shack and taking a bunch more down. Hearing a growl, I turned around to see a massive alien about to hit me, before getting a tentacle stabbed right through it. It got dragged back and someone else sped in, destroying the alien before launching it away. I immediately recognized who it was just from the outfit and the powers.

"Alexis?" I asked, hoping I wasn't confusing her for her sister.

As Alexis did in fact turn her head, I noticed immediately how she looked so much older than I had last seen her. Regardless, she still looked at me with the same smile on her face.

"Quill!" She exclaimed happily before running in and wrapping her arms around me.

I hugged her back, smiling.

"I thought I wouldn't ever see you again." She whispered, still hugging me tightly.

"I'm just happy you're okay." I said, moving her hair out of her face.

She took a glance behind me and pointed out the alien marching towards us. Before either of us could do anything, someone shot the alien behind us. As the alien fell to the ground, Gamora was standing there with a gun.

"That... It can't be..." Alexis muttered.

"Gamora?" I asked, approaching her.

Thanos had said that he had killed her to get the soul stone.

"I thought I lost you." I said, putting my hand in her hair.

She immediately grabbed my wrist and kicked me.

"Don't touch me!" She exclaimed angrily as she kicked me again.

I fell over, and Alexis looked startled, and confused.

"You missed the first time, then got them both the second time." I mumbled.

Nebula then approached her.

"This is the one?" She asked, referring to me.

"The choices were him or a tree." Nebula answered.

The two looked to Alexis when she helped me onto my feet.

"And her?" Gamora asked Nebula, pointing to Alexis.

"When you met her, she was much younger." Nebula said.