you guys are the best

I had no idea what was going on. All I knew was that I had a really bad headache. It felt like my head was gonna break from the pain. I couldn't open my eyes and it hurt to breathe. I wasn't asleep, but I couldn't speak or move. I was just there. I could feel people's presence around me, I could hear their conversations.

"Do you guys think she'll be ok?"

"When is she gonna wake up?"

"Fuck, this is all my fault."

I wanted to let them know that I was fine, that they shouldn't worry. I wanted to tell them that I loved them, but I couldn't.

*******************

My eyes hurt. The light is so bright. I wish I could go back to sleep. I try to look around but it hurts to move my neck. All I can do is lie still staring at the ceiling. I open my mouth and try to speak, but I can't. My mouth is too dry, my tongue is too stiff. All that comes out is an "egghhhh" sound. Movement. I can feel people moving around me.

"Is she awake?"

"What's going on?"

"Guys? What was that noise?" I wanna let them know that I'm awake, I wanna talk to them, I wanna know what happened. But I can't. All I can do is go back to sleep.

*******************

BEEP BEEP- BEEP- BEEP BEEP

GOD. What is that fucking noise? I open my eyes and look around the room. I'm in a sitting position now, so I can actually see shit. The guys are asleep. Fuckshits's to my right, holding my hand. Ray's nest to him. Ruben's at my feet, snoring like a pig. Sunny's to my left, leaning against the wall. Finally, Four's next to Sunny, holding onto his camera like it's a baby.

"Can someone please turn off that fucking thing. My heads gonna explode if you don't." The guys jump, waking up instantly. They look at each other and then at me. Eyes wide, confused, surprised, and happy. They run out the door screaming.

"SHE'S AWAKE! DOCTOR! DOCTOR! SHE'S AWAKE!" It's hard not to laugh, it's pretty funny. It makes me happy knowing that they care so much. A few seconds later the guys ran back to my room, a tall, older lady, with her hair in a tight bun, following them.

"Hello Ms. Rosas, I'm glad to see that you're awake. How are you feeling?"

"I'm ok. It hurts to move my neck, and my throat is super dry. But other than that I'm fine. Oh, yeah, I can't feel my right leg. What's that about?" The doctor's smile visibly stiffened at my question. She looked at the guys who were sitting around my bed again.

"I'm sure your friends will be able to explain that to you." She turned to walk out the door and turned to look at us at the last second. "And I'm sure that one of them can get you water while they're at it?" As soon as she left Sunny ran out of the room saying, "I'm on it, I'm on it."

I couldn't help but laugh, it felt good to laugh again. The guys were looking at me weird. They looked scared for me, worried for me. I wasn't used to them looking at me like that. I'd always been "one of the guys" to them, even to Fuckshit. Whenever I ate shit, they laughed it off, they never treated me special because I was a girl. I didn't like them looking at me like that.

"So can you guys explain why the hell I'm here? And don't fucking look at me like I'm some helpless little thing." They all smiled when I said that.

"Glad to see your back with us Des." Ray started to explain, "We were in a car crash. The guys and I are fine, just cuts and bruises, nothing we ain't ever had before. You got the worst of it. It was the other guy's fault. He didn't stop when our car was turning. He was in a hella big truck and it hit us right where you were sitting. The bone in your right leg shattered, that's prolly why you can't feel your leg, 4 of your ribs broke and one of them punctured your lung, and your neck is sprained."