moving out

Carmen isn't much of a crier, and when she does cry it's always in good reasoning. But this time was different. This time she didn't even know why she was crying. Well she had a bunch but she wasn't sure.

Jaden and the boys had moved officially two days before and it was messing with her. He was so busy and tired that they hadn't spent anytime together. They had spent nearly everyday together and they said that him moving wouldn't change that but it did.

It also didn't help that he had seen Mads the past three days straight. They posted snap chats and Tik toks together that seemingly gave off intimate vibes. She thought she was being irrational but when Cassidy asked about it she knew she wasn't.

So there she was, full on sobbing on her bathroom floor. All because she hadn't seen her boyfriend who was getting awfully close with one of his girl friends and had failed to text her all day.

Truthfully the whole group was feeling hurt by the boys. Bryce had completely ditched Marissa for Addison. I mean he practically ghosted her. And supposedly Tayler and Cassidy were fighting.

All of the girls were left questioning their importance and if they even mattered that much. But not one of them were hurting as much as Carmen.

"Car, baby?" Faith frowned from the bathroom door.

Carmen looked up and Faith rushed to her side. She pulled Carmen into her arms and tried her best to comfort her.

As Carmen began to explain everything Faith got angry. She was so sick of seeing these stupid boys hurt her friends. Now she could deal with Cassidy and Marissa but Carmen was where she crossed the line.

So while wiping away Carmen's tears, Faith planned how she would set Jaden straight. Maybe she would yell right in his face, maybe she would meet him somewhere and be somewhat civil; Maybe she would break his goddamn kneecaps. Faith had yet to decide. But she knew one thing for sure, she would make Jaden regret the way he treated Carmen.

So once she had Carmen comfortably asleep in bed she texted Jaden.

I need to talk to you asap

I'm at the house, if you need to talk in person that is. Is something wrong?

You're so dumb, I'm coming over right now.

Faith squeezed the steering wheel and took deep breaths to help contain and manage her frustrations as best she could.

Once she had parked she went to the door and knocked. Mads opened the door which frustrated her.

She slipped inside past Mads without a word and went straight to Jaden's room.

Inside were Bryce, Addison, Jaden, and two other boys.

"Jaden, let's go." She said.

"Nah it's cool, we can talk in here." He shrugged not getting the point.

"Jesus you're so oblivious." She rolled her eyes.

"Is something wrong?" Bryce said.

"I don't know Bryce, you tell me. I mean I have Carmen and Marissa crying and refusing to get out of bed because you and Jaden suck." She snapped.

"What did I do?" Bryce said.

"Bryce, you and Marissa spent every second together and we're essentially dating. But the moment you got another girl's attention, aka Addison who's done nothing wrong, you ghost Marissa. She really liked you and now you're treating her like she never meant anything." She went off.

"And you Jaden. Do not even get me started. You've blown off Carmen continuously, ignored her, and you're publicly flirting with Mads on the internet. I mean what happened."

"And dont say it's not flirting because we all know that if she did the things you do with Mads with literally any other guy in this room you'd be mad. You're playing not only Mads but also Carmen and it's clear that you don't care. Let's also not forget that you've spent everyday with mads instead of your actual girlfriend and you don't even text her. Which is just fucking dumb. So get your shit together and be honest with Carmen before I bust your kneecaps. Alright Jaden." Faith practically snarled before storming out.

"Who was that?" Griffin asked.

"That's Faith, Carmen's best friend." Bryce frowned.

"She's hot, does she have a boyfriend?" Griffin smiled.

"She's gay Griffin." Addison sighed.

"Jesus, can you guys get out." Jaden groaned.

And so they did, they all left his room.

Jaden felt awful as he realized what he had done. Not only had he hurt the girl he loved but he had toyed with the emotions of one of his good friends.

He typed up apologies but deleted them and rewrote them and deleted them again. His words never sounded quite right. But it was late and he didn't want to disturb Carmen.

So instead he laid in bed and thought. Not about anything too particular, just about Carmen. About how he loved her and how he was scared of it. They hadn't really talked about love before which was odd. I mean they said I love you but they didn't talk about what that meant to them. But they also didn't talk about the future of marriage or kids or what they wanted when they were older. There was a little disconnect which he had not noticed until now. They had always been so focused on the present that they didn't have any time to worry about the future.  Hell, Jaden hadn't even thought about next week.

Finally Jaden made a decision.

He called Carmen, it rang them went to voicemail.

He sighed.

"Hey baby, I uh I'm sorry. I haven't been a good boyfriend lately and I know that now. Obviously you'll be getting a bigger apology in person but I just needed to say that I'm sorry. You're my favorite person in the world and I um. I love you Carmen, a lot. So yeah, I guess I'll talk to you later."

He took a deep breath before hanging up and setting down his phone.