4 ➸ Morning Dew

::

::

Time had indeed passed.  It was becoming chillier in Konoha once again and the female had just turned fourteen.  Since then, the Uchiha and her never spoke again.  Sometimes, she'd see Itachi in the market, keeping his eyes on a smaller boy that ran ahead of him.  The sight was endearing; the love the Uchiha had for his younger brother.  It made Yuriko think about how he'd be a good father one day.

On other days, there were times she'd catch Shisui looking in her direction, with a seemingly irritated Itachi when the younger boy with them was acting up.  One day, Mizuko stopped her, offering a reluctant apology.  It was an awkward moment, Yuriko tensing up much more than she should've, while the female narrowed her eyes and stalked away.

Life was simply normal.  Just like it'd always been.

On a day where her father was out on another mission, the female was awaken much earlier than she should've been.  However, since her father wasn't there to tend to the shop, she had to take his place—which was a norm for her, despite her disliking it so much.  And knowing she wouldn't wake up if she went back to sleep, the female decided to just start her day early.

Walking through the streets of a strangely quiet Konoha, Yuriko tilted her head up to look at the dome above.  She held her arms closer to her body since the early morning air was rather frigid, patiently watching as the once dark sky became lighter, the wisps of clouds painting over the blue became hued with rich oranges and reds.

Being so immersed with the vast region above, the blonde didn't notice a boy--a boy who was only a mere year younger than her.  He was coming back from a mission with the ANBU and stopped upon seeing her, bathed within the golden petals the star offered.  It was as if he was in a dream, the world seeming so colorful it almost intimidated him.  Itachi stood agape, as the sun began to paint the sky with an array of colors.  Plenty shades of rose and peach; magenta and honey freckled the sky above.

Maybe because it was her that he saw, but the amount of hope he felt bubbling in his chest caused him to stumble.  It felt like a new world.  It was so unfamiliar.

Then, they met eyes.  Her irises were filled with so much depth and colour, and were the prettiest shade of blue he'd ever seen.  Itachi felt something change and stir within.  It was then, at that exact moment, for the first time in his life, his heart skipped a beat.

A small smile graced her lips, before she turned around, walking away.

Feeling something drip onto his head, he looked up and saw the morning dew of the leaves.  Then he looked at her again,

And allowed the smallest of smiles to fall onto his lips.

It felt like a new world.