Dessert

Y/N's POV

"So where to?" We had just finished having lunch and were sitting in my car.

"Don't you have to go back to work?"

"No. Perks of running your own company." I winked over at her and she playfully rolled her eyes.

"Oh okay hot shot," she held her hands up in defense. "Take me home?"

I waited in silence for a few moments hoping she'd drop an address but I think she forgot to say anything.

"Does this home have a location?" I asked sarcastically.

"Of course. What do you think?" She scoffed and crossed her arms.

"I want to say yes, so yes? And I'm also going to guess over on the Upper West Side?"

She wore a shocked expression on her face and surprisingly asked how I knew that.

"Well the clothes you're wearing right now scream expensive. So I assume cheaper places don't catch your eye. And Columbia is over there."

"I guess I'm not the only one with a good eye."

"I pay attention sometimes."

"Then pay attention to this address and take me home." Ariana leaned over the center console and lightly traced her finger along my arm.

"How about we just go back to my place? I'm going that way later so I'll just drop you off then."

"You just want to spend more time with me huh?" She stopped what she was doing and flipped her hair over her shoulder with pride.

"What can I say? I'm greedy like that. Plus you really have no choice."

"Fine. I guess I'll go with you to your apartment." She said dramatically.

"Wow. Lucky me."

I turned the vehicle on and was met with the engine roaring to life. The loud noise caused Ariana to jump in her seat.

"I hate that sound."

"Get used to it. And put your seatbelt on."

She threw me a dirty look and I revved the engine in response. Once she was ready I sped off towards my apartment, swerving through a lot of traffic. I'll admit that my driving was a bit reckless on the way.

As soon as I parked the car in the lot Ariana started yelling at me about how we almost could've died and whatnot from my driving. I stepped out from my side and walked over to her door to open it for her.

"But did we die?" I asked as she stepped out of the car.

She looked at me in disbelief and brought her hand up to rub her forehead.

"Follow me." I locked the car and didn't waste any time waiting for her to catch up.

I heard her heels rapidly clicking against the tile floor once we entered the small lobby. I picked up my pace and started jogging towards the elevator to see if Ariana could keep up. Lucky for me there was someone exiting the elevator so I quickly slipped in and pressed the button to the penthouse. Just as the doors began to shut Ariana placed her hands along the metal doors to stop them.

"This isn't how I wanted you to make my heart race." She said as she walked in and turned her back to me as the doors closed.

"Oh?" I took a small step behind her so she could feel my presence. "Tell me what you had in mind."

I couldn't see her face but I could tell she was smirking. She brought her arms slightly behind her back to grab onto my hands and placed them along her waist. I didn't hesitate in tightening my grasp and pulling her into me.