Bad News

„What do you Need mom?" Sutton asked. Her mother usually just called whenever she needed something. This time was no exception. But it was slightly different than the last few times she had called. „Sutton is Marlowe with you?" her mother wanted to know. Sutton was confused. „Why would my 16 year old sister be here with me in New York?" she asked and sighed softly. „We had an argument last night and she ran away! She doesn't answer my calls or texts. And she took all the money she saved up." Babs told her oldest daughter. "Mom why did she feel the need to run away over an argument?!" Sutton asked. She was quite worried now. "I caught her and her best friend kissing and getting all touchy with one another. I got upset and kicked Shay out!" Babs explained. Sutton was surprised that her sister liked girls but of course she had no problem with it. Her best friend Kay was dating a woman named Adena after all. "Mom! That sounds super homophobic!" The blonde replied. Babs didn't really know what to say cause she wasn't a fan of the fact that her daughter might be gay. "What do you want me to say now Sutton?!" Babs asked. Sutton rolled her eyes. "I will let you know when or if she shows up!" She told her mom before ending the Call. She let out a soft sigh. Jane showed up behind her. She was surprised to see her best friend alone in the Fashion Closet. "Sutton what is wrong? You look quite worried." Jane gently said while plackten her hand on Sutton's shoulder, gently turning her around so the blonde would face her. "My mom just called..." Sutton Told Jane everything she has just found out on the phone a few minutes ago. "Oh my god! I am so sorry to hear that but I am sure Marlowe is gonna show up and everything will be fine." She replied. " I know you are probably right but I still worry about her. I mean she is only 16 years old and she is still recovering. You know she just had surgery cause of a tumor close to her jaw. It was like 3 weeks ago, she is still on medication and the left side of her face is still paralyzed." Sutton said. Yes she loved her little sister a lot and the two were pretty close. Now they still talked a lot on the phone but things did change between them when Sutton moved away and started her job. "Yes i remember you visited her at the hospital and than called Kat and I cause you were so upset to see her like that." Jane hugged her friend . "Right, Yes I did call the two of you. You are my best friends and you always know how to make me feel better." The blonde answered. Jane was about to say something when Kat stormed in. "Sutton your sister is downstairs! She blacked out in the lobby! Richard and Adena are with her, waiting for an ambulance!" She said out of breath. Sutton didn't say anything, she was so freaked out. She ran past Jane and Kat making her way to the lobby Followed by her two best friends. "Marlowe!" Sutton whispered and kneeled down next sister. Richard put his hand on Sutton's shoulder. "She will be okay." Richard told his fiancee. "I hope so Richard!" Sutton gently stroke her sister's cheek. The ambulance came and took Marlowe to the hospital. Sutton didn't leave her side until the doctors said they had to run some tests.

So Sutton walked into the waiting area of the hospital. Kat, Jane, Richard , Adena and even Jaqueline were all there waiting for Sutton. Kat and Jane ran over to her. "How is she?" Jane asked. "The doctor said she probably fainted from all the stress she was having."'Sutton sighed. "My poor baby sister. I need her to be okay." The blonde added. "She will be fine Sutton. She is your sister and if she is only half as though as you she is gonna be recover pretty quickly." Kat told the blonde. "I sure hope you are right! I just worry about her! She is my little sister!" Sutton sighed softly. This was not how she wanted their next meet up to be. They always seem to see each other when Marlowe was at the hospital and she didn't like that at all. Her sister had been through so much in her life and she just wanted her happy. Maybe it was time for Sutton to really step up and take Marlowe in. She had to protect her little sister after all. "I know she is your little sister. But she is strong! And she is gonna be fine!" Jane replied and rubbed Sutton's back. Richard looked at his soon to be wife. "I called ahead and made sure she gets the best doctors this hospital has Sutton." He kissed her forehead. "But you need to relax a little. You can't help your sister when you don't take care of yourself and overwork it. Okay?" He asked. She nodded her head softly. "I know I know! It is just hard not to worry. I know how much she had to suffer in her life already!" The blonde told her fiancé.