Chapter 1 - The Infantry

(I did doodle above)

"We've come for our first lesson. When can we start fighting?" asked Reddit.
  "Be patient, Reddit. There are some things you need to know first.
   The battle with the Caïssans will be fought under the rules of the Intergalactic Warfare. In Intergalactic Warfare, there are two armies, White and Black. White starts the battle and then the two armies take turns to move. That means you have to be very smart as well as very brave to win a battle. The Caïssans call it CHESS, so that what we'll call it as well."
   "Is that the battlefield over there?" Tumblr asked, pointing to a massive  red and white checkered board.

"Indeed it is."
"Why is it half red?" Reddit questioned.
"It's stained with the blood of fallen warriors. One day it'll be stained with your blood too."
"It'll serve you right for being so mean to me!" Tumblr added.
Reddit gave her a look. "Cool." He said "I'm not scared."

"That's enough. Any more from you two and I'll knock your heads together. This isn't school, so I can be as cruel to you as I want to be.
Anyways, before your first battle I'll have to explain you to main rules of CHESS. Listen closely otherwise you might loose."

***later***

"Now you know about the battlefield. It's time for your first battle."
"Sounds good," said Reddit "So I get to kill any aliens?"

"Come out of the battlefield and I'll show you what to do. In this battle you're going to join the INFANTRY. In chess the INFANTRY are called PAWNS."

"Prawns? I don't wanna get eaten!" Reddit interrupted.
"Not prawns, PAWNS!" Corrected Tumblr.
"Oh."

"Very good, Tumblr. I can tell you're gonna be a good fighter. Anyway, each army starts with EIGHT PAWNS. The WHITE PAWNS start from a2 to h2 and the BLACK PAWNS start from a7 to h7. Are you with me?"
"Mhmm," jinxed the two apps.

"Good. Now, Reddit, pretend your a white pawn. Stand there on the e2 square. And Tumblr, you'll be a black pawn so go and stand on e7."

Reddit moves to e2 and Tumblr moved to e7.

Now they looked like this:

 "Now Reddit, as you are in charge of the white pieces, you make the first move

"Now Reddit, as you are in charge of the white pieces, you make the first move. And you have a choice. On your first move you can go forward either one or two squares. What do you want to do?"

Reddit thought for a second. "I'll go forwards two squares. That puts me on e4, doesn't it?"
  "Very good. Now, Tumblr, you have the same choice. One or two squares?"
   "I'll move forward one square. Now I'm on e6."

"After your first move you can only move one square forward, so Reddit now has to move to e5. And now there's nothing Tumblr can do."
    "That doesn't seem very exciting," complained Reddit.
    "Patience, Reddit. Now, Tumblr, suppose for a minute your on d6, not e6. Now, in a game of chess, you could CAPTURE Reddit."

"That's not fair!" Protested Reddit.
  "Ha ha!!" Laughed Tumblr.
"Wait a minute. If it was your move, Reddit, you'd be able to CAPTURE Tumblr. Because pawns can only CAPTURE by moving ONE SWAURE DIAGONALLY FORWARDS. The enemy pawn is taken off the board and your pawn takes it's place."
   "Now how about a real battle? Have any of you played CAPTURE THE FLAG?"

Reddit and Tumblr shared a look.
  "Once, I think?" Reddit stated.
  "We know how to play it, though," Tumblr added.

"Good. Now, your gonna need guns for this."

Tumblr got a gun and Reddit got a gun.

"Water guns! I can't WAIT to soak Tumblr!" Reddit exclaimed.
"Hey! Can't wait to soak you!" Tumblr huffed.

"Hey, what did I say before? I'll bang your heads together. Anyway, who wants to start? No fighting."

"Ladies first!" Proclaimed Tumblr. "I'll start. I'll have to go onto the white team, then."
   "Well remembered, Tumblr. So, you start on e2, and Reddit, you start on c7. Now Tumblr, you can move either one or two squares."
  "Two squares, I think. It nearer to the end of the board."

Reddit moves two squares to c5.
Tumblr to e5,
Reddit to c4,
Tumblr to e6,
Reddit to c3,
Tumblr to e7,
Reddit to c2,
and Tumblr to e8.

"Loser!" Shouted Tumblr, opening fire at Reddit.
  "Hey, that's not fair! I'm getting first next time!" Claimed Reddit. Tumblr stuck her tongue out at him, once again.