9: A Date to Remember

So when I was writing the first part, I laughed the whole time...
oh, my poor Tommy boy, you're adorable.

Warning! this chapter involves animal cruelty. I will put a

at the scene where it begins so, you can keep skipping if you are bothered, and I will explain at the end of the chapter what happened for those who missed it :)

 I will put a                       ✨at the scene where it begins so, you can keep skipping if you are bothered, and I will explain at the end of the chapter what happened for those who missed it :)

          ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 🤍 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

          ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 🤍 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Tom stroked his precious snake, Nagini, while sitting on his bed, contemplating which outfit would suit the occasion. Nagini, she was once a beautiful lady — cursed as maledictus — she was now forever a dangerous Python.

"Nagini, you were once a lady yourself. You shall help me pick the best outfit," He said, hoping of the bed and onwards towards his dresser.

She reluctantly uncoiled herself and followed. "If I must."

Tom shook his head with a half-smile. "Don't be so disagreeable. That's my job," Tom nagged.
"Besides, it's the utmost importance that I look my best for her."

The snake just stared at him like... really? If she were human again, an eyebrow definitely would be raised.

Tom scrambled through his draws, woefully lacking in nice clothing. One of many disadvantages of living in an orphanage. He stumbled upon a few, but some of his choices are requiring more... creativity.

He placed them on the bed, pointing to the first set.
"Okay, we have a button-up shirt and pants, all black," he said with a hint of anxiety as he looked at his scaly friend for approval.

The snake continued to stare, not impressed in the least. However, judging by the others, it's the best the sorcerer has. "Perhaps," Nagini growled softly.

Tom moved to the next set, his posture even more rigid than before. "Then we have a hand-me-down sweater, Slytherin house colors, and the same black pants, maybe?"

Nagini shook her scaly head.
A two year could pick better clothes than these. "Don't flaunt your house — show her other sides of yourself ."

Tom got the gist as he moved to the last option. Even he looked at them with a questionable frown, but he slowly turned his head — not even wanting to ask, but what kind of words can a snake say that could possibly make this any worse?