twoshot i guess???

A few weeks ended up passing by, Giovanni coming in almost all the time. You'd told him how good his soup was, to which he acted overjoyed. 

You loved being around him, lost in a happy fluttery daze when he'd come in to keep you company, talking about everything and anything to pass the time.

Hardly anyone came in to the shop, though one of the few times when someone did stands out.

You were both engrossed in your conversation, which mainly consisted of different recipes, that you didn't hear someone come in until they had addressed Giovanni in a surprised tone.

"Boss?" 

The guy wasn't even finished exhaling when Giovanni spun around. 

"Car Crash?! What are you doing here?"

You're eyes suddenly focused.

This was him. The tax man.

The elusive car crash, who must be loaded.

"Boss! Stop calling me that in-"

He looked over at you and cut himself off, then sighed, and held up the sliced pan in his hands.

"I ran outta bread, and Boss please call me Fred?" At this point your head was going back and forward between the two so fast you felt your neck was getting whiplash.

"Yeah, okay car crash." Giovanni brushed him off, which looked like it had happened before, but the two also looked very familiar with each other, which you couldn't help but smile at. 

Seeing Giovanni's smile whenever he was talking about his precious boys made you feel really happy, but it was outshined by his grin now as he interacted with one of his boys. 

You ended up going into a daze again, only snapping out when Fred's phone buzzed, and he pulled it out to check a text.

Once again more information was learned that only cemented one fact.

Fred was loaded

In his hand he held an iPhone 12, which hadn't come out yet, so you didn't even know who he managed to bribe for it.

He ended up leaving a minute or two after, getting a text to hurry up with the bread.

Which left you and Giovanni alone again sitting at the counter snacking on some cheetos.

Grabbing a handful of cheetos, you pondered something. 

"Hey Giovanni?"

He looked up. "Yes?"

"He called you boss back there, so is that a nickname or are you like, actually his Boss?" You shoved more cheetos into your face.

He paused before answering, and you could see the cutest thinking expression before he answered. "I suppose I am, kinda. But no matter where I go, my boys will come with me!"

You chuckled at his enthusiasm, feeling a sense of deja vu. He was just adorable.

Suddenly something popped into your head. "Wait, so what do you work in?"

This time he froze, beads of sweat beginning to form, and in the least believable voice ever he slowly creaks his neck towards you and says, "T-taxes??"

He clearly feels uncomfortable telling you, or embarrassed, you don't really know, but you still don't mind. You knew Giovanni was too nice to do anything even slightly illegal, so you didn't really have to worry.