Late Work Nights

prompts used; "you make a great pillow

prompts used; "you make a great pillow."
for: mia because she insisted i write this, YOU BETTER APPRECIATE IT!
—————
Pulling into the driveway, you noticed Trent's car already parked, sighing happily when you realised that he got off training early today. You locked the car as you shut the door behind you and made your way up to the front door, inserting the key and twisting it sideways to unlock it.

As you entered the house, you flicked on the light for the hallway and took off your shoes by the rack, placing your backpack down by the door. You rubbed your face in an attempt to rid yourself of some tiredness as you walked into the living room drowsily.

Before you even had the chance to look up, you felt two strong arms embrace you as if the weight of work just floated away into the open air. Trent placed a soft kiss on your head, mumbling his words, "I missed you." His cologne hugged you, it was a thick musky scent that instantly made you feel secure and fitted him perfectly.

You laid your head on his chest, not realising how long you actually had been standing there but you didn't care at all. Being in your boyfriend's arms at the end of a long day was all you ever looked forward to. His body was built like a perfectly hand-crafted sculpture and you could swear you felt the safety of his arms, a presence that was just invisible.

"Come on." He took your hand in his and led you to the couch, sitting down. You laid your head on his legs that were propped up on the recliner, lying on your side. The volume of the television had been turned down, the match that was playing had a very faint sound coming from the speakers. He ran his fingers through your hair gently as his other hand was on your waist.

"You know, you make a great pillow." He chuckled softly, gently pushing your hair back behind your ear so it wasn't in your face. "I love you M." You smiled softly as a blush crept on to your cheeks, you'd been seeing Trent for two years yet the impact of those words on you never changed. "I love you too champ."

You sighed as he continued to run his hand through your hair, slowly falling asleep on him as he watched the match that was playing on the television. This was your definition of a perfect night.