Family Ties

𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨, 𝐈𝐋
𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲
8:12 𝐚.𝐦
𝐋𝐚'𝐑𝐚𝐞

"why the hell jayleen here momma?" i asked looking confused

my mom called me around 7:30 in the morning saying that she had a problem my best bet was she using again but nope as i unlocked the door to the condo that i let her stay in i seen my 15 year cousin Jayleen sitting on the sofa looking at both of us waiting for something to play out.

"Jayleen why don't you tell her" my mom said with her arms folded

"ugh okay" she said before getting up walking towards us "my momma using again and i ran away"

typical auntie of mine "well how you know where my momma stay?" i asked

"the streets been talking duh" she said while rolling her eyes "look i just need a place to stay until my daddy come and get me"

as i was looking at Jayleen i seen a lot of me and Laila in her, her mom which is my mother younger sister was on drugs as well she had Jayleen by the grace of God the doctor told her that her baby wouldn't make it if she kept doing what she was doing but she did and i happy that she here with us today.

"well you can't stay here" i said "where your things at?"

"all i have is myself" she said

"and why she can't stay here it's plenty of room in this condo rae?" my mom said

"because you trying to get better yourself you don't need to be looking out for a teen i'll take her with me let's go if you going"

"bye auntie" jayleen said while walking behind me

"bye sweetie" i heard my mother say

𝐽𝐴𝑌𝐿𝐸𝐸𝑁 𝐴𝑁𝐷𝐸𝑅𝑆𝑂𝑁 15 𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅𝑆 𝑂𝐿𝐷

𝐽𝐴𝑌𝐿𝐸𝐸𝑁 𝐴𝑁𝐷𝐸𝑅𝑆𝑂𝑁
15 𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅𝑆 𝑂𝐿𝐷

"i thought my momma od last week" she said snapping me out my thoughts

"foreal?" i asked

"yup that's when i knew i had to leave you know she pregnant again it's a boy"

"who the baby daddy?" i asked

"some pimp from around the way man rae ion want my lil brother going through what i'm going through right now"

"when is she due?" i asked

"next month but might be this month if she don't put down that damn pipe"

"aye watch ya mouth you ain't grown don't you got school today?"

"i feel grown and no it's saturday and plus i got suspended anyway"

"how?"

"this girl was starting shit with me so i just finished it for her"