Red

Going up to heaven could provoke many reactions and at that precise moment, and now you could see three types of them colliding with each other just a few steps away.

Aziraphale put his suit on, already perfectly in order and lifted his chin trying to give himself the most contained air he could. Next to him Newt had regained control so that the demonic aura around him remained as imperceptible as possible. Meanwhile he thought and thought about what he had seen, or at least what he wanted to see. Aziraphale's fist breaking on the face of their executioner, another blow and a chasm that swallowed Gabriel. He couldn't stop thinking about it. He kept examining the blurred scene in his mind. He was admired, and partly frightened. If that moment wasn't etched in his memory, he would never have believed that the angel was capable of such a thing.

There was hardly a trace of Crowley. He stood there contemplating his surroundings and licking the wounds that the memories of that place and those people caused him. What the demon wanted was a good bottle of wine and dinner at the Riz. "To hell with the world, right now I'd sell it for a little wine," he thought with a certain melancholy about the good times and small temptations. It was with this thought that he entered the upper floors of paradise.

Around them some angels walked back and forth frantically. The angels in his memories, so calm and posed, were now going back and forth like crazy chickens. Something had happened. A gruff-looking angel turned and saw them, froze and suddenly stood in front of them.

"Here's all this effort and we've been discovered like this, what will become of my books, what will become of my dinners!" Instead, what he heard Azirophale, he was surprised for a moment. "O Gabriel, thank goodness you're here. We thought the plan had failed. It's a good thing you took the cover. But, uh... There's one more thing... One of ours sensed a demonic aura." Aziraphale tried to assume the most despotic air he could. "Well then, look for whoever the intruder is, I've already got my work to do," he said, grumbling, pointing to the human next to him. The angel in front of him seemed deeply sorry he had opened his mouth and quickly stepped aside to let them pass. If they looked further towards those around them, they continued without hesitation to a new part of heaven. Suddenly a long series of doors appeared before them, each one strictly white and perfect, bearing the names of their occupying bureaucrats. Every now and then they were decorated with strange looks from the others who passed by, until Aziraphale saw what he was looking for and threw himself into them to escape their gaze. The office down the hall. That's what he was looking for. All the angels walked past that door quietly and very, very quickly. They were all scared. Sometimes the best ones are even scarier than the others.

Both angel and human stopped impaled, in front of the closed door, neither of them knew or wanted to make the first move. Neither of them knew what to do. "I think the piece might be down here at the bottom, he's the one who took it," the angel whispered accompanied by a nervous look. "Knock, you idiots" Crowley was impatient and in Newt's mind he screamed so loud he was stunned for a moment. Newt raised his hand and knocked softly. There was no answer, for once something was right. He turned the handle and entered the small office first. It was different from the rooms they'd seen before. The interior was dark but precious, made of heavy wood reminiscent of 19th century desks full of frills. Here and there on the walls were hung some old maps that tasted a bit of dust and in one corner a goldfish was swimming relaxed. Among the objects on the table was a plaque that read "Mr. Amenadiel"...They looked each other in the eye for a moment and then began their frantic search. They flew documents in the air, all the visible boxes were opened and their contents scattered everywhere, they looked in the drawers and behind the maps, they opened every book. At one point Newt got on all fours and started tapping his knuckles on the floor. "I'm looking for a hiding place," he said, responding to the enigmatic gaze of his friend.Crowley kept thinking something was wrong. All the objects in the studio had been chosen to be part of the same picture and all seemed extremely anonymous. Except for one thing. The sound of the water being moved by the colourful little fish made him think that this could be it.He took the command and with a slow, measured step he headed towards the bowl. I look at it for a moment. It was full of little things and junk around which aquatic plants were growing. And then the eye fell on the casket. It was bigger than the ones he had seen in the aquariums and seemed to have a strange aura. Yes, it was there. The fragment of all the places it could be hidden was there. "Angel, I think I found it" in a few moments Aziraphale stood beside him and stared in amazement at the small object his companion was pointing at.The angel took off his jacket and rolled up his shirt sleeves and slowly began to dip his hand in the water. He didn't have time to completely wrap his fingers around the small casket, which made a cry of pain. The demon took his friend's hand between his hands and examined it, it looked like a sunburn. They must have thought it was a protection spell. The angel healed his hand. "My dears, I'm afraid we're in trouble. How can we catch him if we can't touch him," he said with a wrinkled expression, "My dear angel is simpler than you think." Crowley flaunted his most dazzling smile, let go of Aziraphale's hand with a certain displeasure and grabbed the bowl with the fish in his hands, "Let's just take all the loot and then we'll think about how to get out what we want," both of them laughed almost immediately. Behind them someone had cleared his voice, even the fish had stopped swimming cheerfully but was almost motionless on the bottom. Amenadiel was on the threshold with a very confused air "why are you taking my Fluffi?" he looked like a child being taken away a toy. The first to snap was Crowley, he knew who was in front of him and he also knew he didn't have to give him time to react. His demonic aura invaded the air and with a ninja shot that he had seen in a movie, he blew the owner of the room and jumped on his feet and ran. Behind him, Aziraphale was following him around. They were terrified and this time too everything had gone wrong but now they had the piece and a new goldfish.