Part 1: Rose

Steven's POV

I wake up and look at the calendar.  Connie's 16th birthday. Today she gets her surprise. On my calendar there is a drawing of her gift.  "Time to get up!"  I sleepily get out of bed and jump, floating down the stairs to the first floor and am almost immediately get hugged by none other than Bismuth.

"Bismuth!  I still need to breathe!" she lets me go.

"Sorry! I'm just glad your ok.  You weren't breathing in your sleep again.  I thought I'd lost my friend all over again!" I looked into her eyes and saw tears threatening to spill from them. I told her everything.

"Bismuth, something strange did happen.  I did feel like I did when Yellow...killed  me," I shudder when I recall the time at Garnet's wedding reception when Yellow and Blue thought I was Rose, and Yellow Diamond stepped on me, therefore killing me.  "The only difference is that Connie was in the realm with me, and only the Diamonds were there. And Mom in Pink Diamond form."

"All you talk about is Connie these days. I have your "surprise" for her."  she held up a golden ring topped with a pink diamond I had asked her to make.

"She'll love it!" I say, changing the subject away from my strange dream.  "I hope she does. . ."

"Of course she will!  Who wouldn't love a ring like that and want a man like you!" she says encouragingly. We talk about things like the Diamonds, what happened on Homeworld 3 years ago. Bismuth is the only gem that I could tell anything and everything to. Finally, the dream comes into the conversation.

"Steven, you seem a little... off. Something bothering you?" she asks, obviously concerned.

"It's the dream. I've been having dreams like this for days, and when I wake up I'm pink, I find that I have shape-shifted into my mom, or more often, both. It's weird. I can't control it, and at the end of it all, I see Mom trying to tell me how to do something. I don't know what it is, she told me to show all you, but that is later," I finalize it and she knows I won't talk more about it right now.

"Steven, you need to tell the other gems,"

"Tell the others? After I wrecked the van with Dad in it, ran off, and fought and shattered Jasper, ran away to Homeworld, almost shattered White Diamond, and turned into a low self esteemed pink corruption monster?! (He is still having problems with his powers) Ever since these powers popped up, they trust me less and less. I don't think they would trust me alone in the house! If I tell them this they'll even watch me in my sleep at night! What am I going to do?" Suddenly Pearl comes in.

"Oh, Bismuth! Your here! Come on, the others are waiting. Steven, try not to swell up or anything." she takes Bismuth into the  temple. I have breakfast, take a shower, and wait for either the gems or Connie come. Finally the gems come out of the temple.

"Finally! I want to show you something!"  I say enthusiastically as I stand up.

"Is it an it or a someone?"  Amethyst asks.

"A someone," I answer plainly.

"New to us or an old friend?" Garnet questions.

"An old friend most of you know,"

"Gem or human?" Pearl asks.

"A gem. A very important gem. Want to meet her?"

"Ya!" Amethyst cries. Then the door opens.

Connie's POV

I hear Steven talking about meeting someone and I when I open the door to the Beach House and say, "Can I meet her to?" Everyone turn to me, then Steven again. "Sure Connie!" he gestures me next to him.   He makes his gem glow.  Raising his hands up, he takes the gem from his stomach and a pink light fills the room.  He then parts his arms, splitting the gem in two.  He lowers the two pieces into his hands and he sits with me next to him. They are all surprised. Pearl recovers from her shock and comes running to Steven.

"Steven!  Are you okay?  Why...how did you do that?"  Before he can answer, one part of the gem glows.  Pink.  Rose.  Pink Steven forms and turns to his double.  Both Stevens nod.  Regular Steven stands up weakly and they do their fusion dance and fuse quickly. Amethyst looks at the other half, confused.  

"What about-" she's cut off when it glows.  It only flashes twice.  Pink.  This time, Rose forms.

Hello every reader! This is my first book, so please, don't be a hater. Enjoy, and happy reading!