seventeen

[ y/n's point of view ]
later that night

"I HEARD about the kissing scene," millie winks as she sits on the bed with me and sadie. "yeah y/n you excited to smooch it with finn?" she smirks. "omg shut up," I cover my face.

"you want to kiss him don't you!" millie says shaking my shoulders. "what no. mayb- no," I say shaking my head back and fourth.

"you so do!" sadie smiles. "can we stop talking about this guys..." I lay my face into the pillows.

"well do you?" millie pulls me back up off the bed. "I mean. nope we're friends- best friends for that sake and I definitely do not want to kiss him!" i say biting the inside of my cheek. "you're bluffing!" sadie says pointing to the bright shade of pink plastered over my face.

"what- just drop it please already!" I say getting off the bed. "why are you so upset?" millie asks me. 'well maybe it's because somewhere deep down I do want to kiss him' I think to myself.

"I just don't wanna talk about it okay? are we done now," I say walking out the door. I needed some fresh air.

I walk onto the balcony and take a deep breathe. my feelings were scattered. why did I act like that at the idea of kissing him? why did I freak out? ugh I don't know how I felt anymore.

I sit on the edge of the balcony and just stared off at the beach in the distance. my heart and my brain were on a roller coaster and I just wanted off.

"hey there," someone's voice said from behind me. "hey," I looked back at noah. "you needed air too huh?" he came and stood besides me.

"yeah just a little overwhelmed," I say fake smiling. "it's okay me too," he says putting a hand on my back. "what's wrong?" i ask him. "eh you know the usual catching some stupid type of feelings for someone," I tilt my head at him. "millie," he sighs.

"aw noah bear I'm sorry," I look at him. "it's life, I'll live," he frowns. "well I'll leave you back to your peace. goodnight y/n," noah walks away.

fuck

the next day ;)

my eyes slowly open to the sight of the morning sunshine. I look around and find myself back in my room. how did I get here?

I sit up at the edge of bed and rub my eyelids. I slump out of my bed and walk down the stairs the the living room. everyone was still there. "hey nene," finn smiles. "hey froggo!" I smile back.

"oh yeah by the way I got you back to your room. you were asleep on the balcony and you looked chilly," he said. "well thank you dogsoft," i laugh sitting by him and millie on the couch.

"when do y'all have to leave for the day?" I ask millie. "actually speaking of we gotta leave soon," she says looking at the clock on the wall. "damn this early? what time is it?" i ask. "nene it's like 11 am," she laughs standing up.

"guys get ready!" millie yells out putting her shoes on. everyone gets all there stuff and gets themselves out of the door. "tata loves! don't do anything I wouldn't do!" millie smiles walking away the door.

I sprawl out on the couch. "no way!" Finn looks at me throwing my feet off of him. "ahhh, but why not!" I complain. "because we have the whole day to ourselves mi amigo! we cannot waste this once in a lifetime opportunity!" he says standing in front of me.

"but- but-," I say. "no butts!" he drags me off the couch. "you're so rude," I huff. "now go get some paper and a pen we're making a bucket list," he says walking over to the table.

I pick up a notepad and and a marker from underneath the coffee table.

"alright so let's think, what should we do first?" he taps the marker on his chin. "we should go get Taco Bell," I say. "oh god yes," he writes it down on the notepad.

"now what else?" he thinks. "ooh ooh I know!" I yell. "we could get food and then we could take it to our skateboarding place and hangout there then we could go swimming at the beach," I suggest.

"hells ya! grab your shit we're gonna par tay!" he runs up to his room.

•••

we crawl through the broken fence and find a shaded spot. I lay down a blanket and set our bags next to it. i sit onto it, finn copying my action. "I'm so hungry ugh!" I grab the Taco Bell bags and hand finn his meal and grab mine. we dig into our food and destroy it.

"oh yeah im stuffed!" I rub my stomach stretching my back out. "me too," he stretches as well. "I lowkey wanna take a nap," I smile looking at finn. "nene," he shakes his head. "pweez," I say in a baby voice.

"no I won't. no- no-," he try's to look away from me as I quiver my bottom lip. "fine! but you owe me!" he takes his sweatshirt off and stuffs it on the blanket as a pillow.

he lays back and puts his head on it. he nods his head and I put my head on his chest and cuddle up to his body. he takes his arms and holds me.

I smile cozying myself up to him. he starts playing with my hair putting me fast into sleep.

[ finn's point of view ]

I watch as y/n sleeps peacefully. I mess with her beautiful hair as she snoozes off. She looked so gorgeous when she was asleep.

I only slept for like 20 minutes. and after 2 hours of y/n taking her nap I finally wanted to wake her up. I kissed her forehead before I shook her awake.

"did you even sleep frog face?" she lifts her head up. "only a little," I smile. "why didn't you wake me? I didn't have to lay on you while you were awake bored out of your mind," she says sitting up.

"it's fine I was was comfortable," I smile looking at her. "okay then lets skate now!" she pulls her skateboard from her bag and puts her feet in place on then board. "you're so pushy," I laugh picking mine out of my bag.

"just have fun with me before I get in the car and leave your ass here," she laughs gliding down the rink.

skating was magical

but skating with y/n was more than that.

perfection at its finsest in my opinion.

"finn what time is it?" y/n asked me out of breathe after landing an epic trick. "about 4:30 now!" I answer. "you think it's about time to go to the beach now?" she asks me. "that's probably a good idea," i stated.

we pack our stuff together and head off the beach.

the end :)