Chapter 13

'It's okay to try and love again'

'It's okay to try and love again'.- Unknown

K A Y M I R A

Let's just say the minute the food came. I devoured it.

I mean how could I not? I was really hungry, plus it all looked and smelled so good.

My taste buds missed Folae's heavenly food.

We left a couple minutes after we ate, not before promising Folae that we'd be coming around soon. He didn't seem to believe it.

Lee and I came straight to my house, and resorted to my room. The house was a bit busy and noisy at the moment. My father was on a much heated phone call with a client, Ernas had his game hooked up in the family room and my mother was in the kitchen getting dinner ready.

I have no idea if I could eat anything else, my stomach was packed.

I was sprawled out on my window seat, staring at my phone while Lee voluntarily cleaned my room. There were a lot of clothes, bottles and a couple food boxes scattered all over the floor. I was grateful for her doing this, I didn't have the energy to do it.

Alex hasn't replied to my message which was making me a little worried. Did I say something wrong? Oh God, maybe I did. I opened iMessage and reread the text I sent him earlier.

Maybe I shouldn't have 'thanked' him for checking on me. That was weird wasn't it?

More like pathetic.

I sent the message at 1:05 PM and it was nearing 4 PM now. Why didn't iMessage have a delete or unsend feature? That would resolve the embarrassing situation I put myself in.

"What's wrong?" Lee asked and I looked up at her.

"What do you mean?"

"You've been checking your phone since we got here." She pointed out, eyeing me suspiciously.

Really? "I have not."

"Yeah you have." She picked up an unfinished Sprite and threw it in the garbage bag she was holding. "Are you waiting on someone to text back?"

"I'm worried he might not." I muttered.

"Who?"

She heard me.

"Huh?" I asked, acting as if I was clueless. If I acted as if I really was, she'd forget about it. Right?

"Come on Mira. No more lies and secrets...please."

"Alex." Gosh! She knew all the things to say to get me talking. I sighed and threw my phone into the pile of sweatpants on the floor.

Her eyebrows creased in confusion. "Your therapist?"

"Yeah. I shouldn't be this worried about a text back."

She squealed. "Mira! Do you guys have something going on? You like him?"