Duet

Lydia and London's proposal dance^^❤️

Lydia Jensen

   A sort of relief flows through my body when London grabs my hand in his. Despite my bond with everyone, he's definitely my rock in this moment. I'm putting my trust in him and he's putting his in me. I've never been this nervous before, my anxiety is bubbling so intensely I feel that if I didn't have London's hand keeping me grounded, I'd float away to never be seen again. It may be because these are people who have known me since I was a baby, I've been gone so long that maybe my subconscious is doubting my ability to show everyone how much I've improved. To show everyone that I'm not that sad little girl anymore.

   My thoughts are interrupted by London's elbow, he digs it into my rib cage and I flick him harshly on his forehead. "What was that for?!" He asks, rubbing the sore spot.

   "You know what that was for." I say shortly and go back to staring at the audience through the curtains that conceal us.

   "I was trying to calm you down."

   "Jabbing someone with your elbow isn't the best way to calm one down. Especially not a girl. You're lucky I didn't bitch slap you." I say without emotion as he stares at me in fear.

   "So violent!"

   "You have no idea."

   "I was trying to get you out of your head."

   "There are nicer ways friend." I narrow my eyes playfully.

   "Where's the fun in that?" I shrug and look back to the audience.

   The conversation loses its value in distracting me as the cheerleaders are starting to finish up their number. Up next is the group dance and then the line up... I felt so bad when I heard the disappointment in Nixon's voice over the phone this morning. I couldn't help that though because I already agreed with Ethan... not that I'm not excited to be his rally girl this year, I'm actually looking forward to it. I just don't want to upset Nixon. We're friends after all.. and I don't want him to feel replaced, despite my friendship with Ethan. Speaking of friends, London has been bringing up our duet dance every two minutes since yesterday. It's supposed to be a secret but this boy cannot keep one of those to save his life. If I hadn't been there to talk to about it with, I'm sure everyone would have found out in a day. Thankfully the only person he got to tell was Ash.

   We were both extremely honored that coach picked us to do this duet. Especially with it being for something as beautiful as a proposal. I practically melted when coach told us the song that the potential groom picked for it. I don't think any other song could be any more perfect for this occasion. That performance is another reason I'm stressing out so badly, my hands fidgeting, my eyes nervously scanning the crowd until I spot the person I was looking for. Ash. He looks bored and is frequently looking from his watch to Elena who is standing closely next to him along with Kayla. I smile at that.