Contractors Always Lie - A Hei (Darker Than BLACK) Story [On Hold]

** Not sure if this will remain the title. Looking for opinions on that and this as well. I'm working on my detailing with this story. Please let me know what you think, even if it is just a comment. They're greatly appreciated. **

Solemn blue eyes stared down at the shiny silver locket that was being held by gentle hands. A pale finger reached to stroke the faces of two figures that were forever captured in the picture that was inside the locket. A sigh escaped pale pink lips as the blue eyes lifted, looking towards the old woman who was sitting in the next seat over. A smile came over the elderly woman’s face, exposing the years of laughter through the lines beside her eyes.

“Sorry for staring dear. But I couldn’t help but to notice how upset you look. Is everything alright?”

Sayuri Moto blinked at the old woman’s question. “I’m fine. I didn’t mean to disturb you.” Her blue eyes moved back to the locket, to the picture of the blonde and blue haired female next to the dark haired male, both with big goofy grins on their faces.

“Are you sure? I’m willing to listen if you want someone to talk to,” the old woman said. Sayuri inwardly sighed at the elderly woman’s constant prodding and she turned her eyes back to her. “It’s just-“

“Is it that handsome young man in the photo with you?” Sayuri blinked and looked down at the picture, instinctively curling her fingers around the locket to protect it. “No ma’am. Really, it’s nothing.”

The old woman smiled and patted Sayuri gently on her shoulder before turning back to the crocheting project that was currently in her lap. Her silver needles began to click away as she continued and once again, Sayuri tuned the annoyingly repetitive sound out. In fact, she didn’t really hear anything right now. She was too busy studying the locket, the one he had bought for her so long ago.

Sighing, she snapped the locket shut before putting it back around her neck, flipping her blonde and blue hair out of harm’s way to let the clasp lock itself back into position. Her eyes drifted over to the window of her aisle and she could make out the buildings below them in much clearer detail now. Relief spread throughout her body as she leaned back in her chair.

Flying was definitely not her favorite thing to do. She liked her feet on the ground and the fact that she couldn’t fall and die if she was already touching it. Figuratively speaking, of course. A burst of static and noise sounded throughout the airplanes cabin from the intercom system and got every ones attention. Sayuri looked to the front of the plane as a flight attendant stepped into view, a walkie talkie in her hand. The woman lifted it to her too red lips as she began to talk.

“If you could all please take your seats. We’ll be arriving at the Tokyo International Airport very soon. Thank you for flying with us and we hope you enjoy your stay.” She switched the walkie talkie off, but Sayuri didn’t miss the annoyed look on her face. Boy, that talk must have worn her out. Sayuri buckled her seatbelt together before putting her hands in her lap, looking out the window of the airplane once more.

The closer the plane got to the asphalt runway, the better Sayuri could make out individual buildings and people. She could not wait to be off of this giant piece of scrap metal. She would’ve thought her dad would’ve actually made sure that the plane she had to ride in wasn’t a rundown piece of crap, but obviously not.

When the wheels of the plane touched down on the asphalt, her hands gripped the arm rests of her seat, her skin turning white from the tightness of her grip. The elderly woman next to her sent a reassuring smile her way before she shut her eyes, waiting for the plane to stop moving. Sayuri scowled over at the woman. This ride just kept getting weirder and weirder.