Chapter 1

The drive was exhausting and the car was way too small.
Jenny sat in the back along with all the trunks while her sister was sitting in the front with their father.
The T-Rex casette Jenny's sister Anne had gotten herself for her nineteenth birthday was playing.
Jenny loved all type of Rock music but she had gotten a new ZZ-Top Casette and would have loved to hear that one being played instead.
Yet Jenny stayed quiet and patient in the back listening to the song. As it finished her eyes closed and her short hair, dyed black and cutted in a bob, was flying around her petite nose tickling her face.
Her blue eyes were closed and she had her head tilted back.
"How much longer?" Jenny's impatient voice was heard at some point.
Anne turned around leaning her elbow against the seat of hers "I already saw the lake so it's probably not much longer" she said and gave her younger sister one last glance.
She still couldn't believe Jenny had dyed her hair secretly one night before they were starting the trip.
Jenny was quite curious about East Germany. In school she had heard so many things. But she always thougt it was more interesting up there. Especially since it was less influenced and that sounded so much better to Jenny. At the same time she loved the privileges of West Germany, they could literally travel wherever they wanted... East German people couldn't do that.
Jenny had always hated to be predictable and simple. She wore a red long arm shirt with black diagonal stripes and black loose jeans she had cut short and folded to Hotpants. Under the pants she wore fishnet tights and black boots and also her black jeans jacket with patches sewn onto it.
The girl wore her mother's necklace and a black choker. She had used a thin eyeliner and some lip balm on her lips  because they were often chapped and dry.
So far of what they've seen it was not much of a difference, some of the people she saw crossing the street even seemed happier.
Anne's ex boyfriend Richard was from the East, he had managed to get to the west part of Germany by travelling over Poland.
Jenny's sister and Richard were dating for a few months but after several fights, which were mostly caused due to Anne's egoistic and philistine thinking, they decided to end the relationship.
Her sister was probably the most boring person Jenny had ever met.
She said "no" to almost everything and Jenny was surpised she and Richard were even a thing.

The familiy's car stopped in front of a small house. As soon as the doors opened Jenny's Cousin Marie stormed out of the door followed by her brother Noah. Marie was seventeen and Noah was twenty one.  Even though Jenny was only six years old the last time she's seen her cousins and doesn't remember much from that time, they were incredibly happy to see Jenny and Anne again. Anne stepped out of the car, brushing her perfect long blonde hair out of the way as she was hugging Marie and Noah. Especially Anne and Noah had been staying in touch through letters. While her cousins were chatting with her sister, Jenny stayed by her father helping him unload the stuff. 

Soon after her aunt and uncle came out of the house as well. Jenny then also greeted her two cousins before giving her aunt and uncle a hug. Quickly she grabbed her Walkman and put the ZZ-Top casette in it before Anne could steal it away. Carrying her bag inside she felt relieved having a room on her own. The fact is, it wasn't the biggest room and the walls seemed very thin. One room next to her she saw Anne entering her own. Obviously someone else usually lived in that room. Since there was a bed with pink bedsheets and fitting blankets and a fluffy looking pillow, she was pretty sure it was Marie's. 

For a short second she stared at the stinging colour that seemed to take in the whole room. There was a window with white and pink curtains, who would've thought? The pink ones were thicker to block light out of the room. With fast steps she walked towards the window pulling the curtains closed so it was more dim in the room and she wouldn't have to see the pink colours all around.

Next to the window was a desk with a wooden chair. The desk was dark colored while the chair was lighter and looked self-made.  There was a beige carpet between the bed and the desk. Also a wardrobe in the same dark colour as the desk that it stood next to. She walked over to it pulling a small table light on the desk and out of curiousity she opened the Wardrobe. Right in front there was a poster of ABBA, it was taped to the inside of the door oft he wardrobe. InstantyJenny closed the wardrobe doors again her eyes slightly widened as she was not a fan of pop music and ABBA was being way too much hyped.

She let herself fall down onto the bed and stared at the ceiling listening to the cassette. Thinking of leaving already, her eyes closed. She didn't want to stay with her mother's family. They were strangers to her.

Jennys feet rocked in time with the slow rock sound ZZ-Top always created. Her eyes were still closed as she played air guitar lightly. However, she felt like she was being watched so she paused for a moment. Her eyes wandered to the door and she could have sworn to see the door move.

A blush crept up onto her cheeks heating the soft skin. She then took a deep breath leaning back into the bed closing her eyes again and turning away from the door, faster than she could even count to ten she fell asleep. The travel from West-Berlin over to Schwerin was only two hours but since she was too busy dying her hair in the middle oft the night, she got got barely any sleep. Her best friend's mother was a hairdresser so Jenny had shown her a picture of the hairstyle and she did it for her.  She also gave her tips on how to dye her hair without accidents and she still loves the outcome. So whatever anyone thought, Jenny was sure of one thing: she definitely deserved that nap.

I really hope you enjoy the story so far, next chapters are coming soon after all the fun just started ;)
Leave a comment or star if you like

I really hope you enjoy the story so far, next chapters are coming soon after all the fun just started ;) Leave a comment or star if you like

Jenny's Outfit