New year same old school

Joey POV
It was August 17th my first day of junior year. Needless to say I was the opposite of excited. School wasn't really my thing the only thing I wanted to do was tour the world playing music for thousands of people a night. So when my mom woke me up from my amazing dream of playing main stage at warped tour, I was pretty bitter.

"JoJo, come on time to get up." My mom said very sweetly.

"Ugh" i muttered while climbing down the latter of my loft bed. My room was pretty cool I guess. when I was 8 I was obsessed with the tv show SpongeBob SquarePants, so when I was asked what I wanted my room to be painted I said sponge bob. since then I have covered the characters with pictures and posters of my favorite bands. The only character who you could still see and wasn't cover by the people who saved my life was of course the talking dish sponge himself.

I walked into my bathroom and plugged my iPod into the dock blaring "high school never ends" by bowling for soup, o the irony. I straightened my red and orange hair to perfection then went back into my room and pick out a falling in reverse tee, black skinnies and black vans.

"Jo, I'm going to warm up the car!" My mom yells as I pull on my shoes.

My mom drives me to school everyday because last year I used to say I was going to the bus and just skip.
When we pull into the school driveway I hugged my mom and walked in.

"If it isn't the emo dyke." Ugh here we go again, just two more years joey.

"Leave me alone, shayla"

"How was your summer, BaraDyke?" (A/n I'm using barakat as my last name because yolo and jacks a bae)

"Like you care." I snapped back and walked away praying she wouldn't follow me, and she didn't.

Shayla was my own personal bully I've had to endure school with her since 6th grade, she's convinced half the school that I'm a lesbian which is in no way true. I like dick, like a lot.... Anyway, it just sucks having to live with it because now any guy I think is remotely attractive is scared off. It also didn't help that my names Joey, it was literally just Joey not Josephine or something girly like that. I was named after none other than Joey Ramone, yup that one my mom was a big fan. If only she could've made it somewhat girly, But that's just part of my charm I guess , God life sucks.

Luckily I found Allison sitting by the cafeteria. Allison was my best and only friend at my school, I met her last year when she moved here from Pennsylvania. She was short and had bright red hair she was wearing a mayday parade shirt and orange skinnies with black vans.

"Hey bitch" I shouted as I pulled her into a hug. We don't usually hug but I haven't seen her all summer.

"Hey Joey" she said not even phased by the name I just called her.

"How was your summer?" I asked

"It was chill, obviously not a good as yours." She teased

"Warped was fun." I said.

You see my brother Jack was in a band called all time low and they played warped tour this year, Jack asked if I wanted to come along and help with merch I of course accepted his offer. (A/n yeah yeah I know I know, :P I also know all time low didn't go on warped this year so yeah)

"I'm so jealous of your life" Allison added punching me in the arm.

"Ow, my life is far from perfect." I said

"I know, but the bells about to ring I'll see you second period"

"Okay, see you" I sighed the only thing I liked about my schedule this year was that I had three band classes, the rest of my schedule was mandatory "learning" classes as I like to call them.

"DOONNGGGGG" the bell sounded and I walked to first period English.
English was never a good subject for me, maybe it was the fact that I had dyslexia or just the fact that I hate writing absolutely despise it. I don't care what sentence pattern number 7 is, when will I ever need to know that?

I look around to see if I knew anyone, I mean I knew everyone because I've lived in the same town for ever pretty much we moved here ( to oregon ) from Baltimore when I was 8 so I've lived here for 8 years and I've lived my entire school career apart from 1st and 2nd grade here. lets just say I knew everyone in this class. Now the question is did I actually know them to where I could tolerate sitting next to them for the semester, the answer being no. So I just took a seat as far away from the teacher as possible.

"Welcome class, I hope you like where you're sitting because that will be your seat for the rest of the semester." She did the normal syllabus and no electronics rule. I was exempt from that rule because, well I don't know why but my therapist wrote me a note saying I needed music to focus? I don't know but I'm glad he did because I couldn't go 15 minutes without music let alone 60.

Mrs.sparrow told us what books we would be reading the year the only one that caught my ear was Of Mice And Men. 'They're cool guys' I think to myself. The period dragged on and on the only other thing I actually listened to was.

"Now class, your homework for tonight is," she started. Are you fucking kidding me? Homework on the first day of school who does this bitch think she is?

"To write a paper on one thing that changed your life, so that I can see what things I need to teach and what thing you guys know." She continued.

"I'm so done with this year already" I said quietly.

When the bell rang to signal the end of the period I popped my other earbud in before anyone could try to talk to me. I've got 5 minutes to get to second period. It was band, thank god a class I can actually be myself in. I was first chair percussion and captain of the drum line. I continued on my way to the band room not looking up from my shoes. When I opened the band room door I looked up and my eyes met someone's who I haven't seen sense 4th grade.
Wyatt Service.
A/n so this is the first chapter of my first story ever and I think this story will be good hopefully you guys will actually read it :p see you in chapter deux.