8. PET

A/N:
This song was made for Mal.

I feel a strain in my neck as I blink my eyes open. Where in the actual fuck am I? I feel something nuzzle in my lap which causes me to look down. I have Luke's head in my lap, nuzzling a place much more intimate than a pillow.

He had started groaning a bit last night and I knew he'd probably drank too much. Although Denver had wanted me to spend the night with him, telling him all of the things I wanted him to do to me and Luke, I didn't. After trying, unsuccessfully, to wake Luke up I'd changed. He'd murmured my name then murmured Mistress and the act had me placing his head in my lap. I'd spent my night caressing his face while Denver went and passed out in one of the downstairs bedrooms.

I hadn't even realized I'd slept with my hand holding onto the metal around his neck until I begin to study him. His blonde hair is splayed out onto my lap. It's not too long but you can tell it needs a cut. I run my other hand through it, letting out a small hum as I do so. I'd missed watching him sleep. He's so beautiful when he's asleep. There's no signs of stress or seriousness like Luke typically had when he was awake.

Luke always works, all of the time. He's extremely persistent on growing his business and constantly trying to build his already rock-solid empire. He'd been given his businesses, he'd inherited them, but he was determined to make them better. So, all of that meant constantly being stressed. But when he was alone with me all that stress faded away.

He'd handed all of that careful control over to me. He'd needed someone to give him a reason to let go, to not have to be the one telling everyone what to do. He needed me. I stroke the thin metal lovingly but feeling like the worst person in the world as I do so. He needed me and I hadn't been there for him, I couldn't be.

I'd left him all alone, carelessly discarding him on the bedroom floor. Just like I had done with his collar. The thought makes me melancholy as I continuously run my fingers through his soft blonde hair. I hadn't realized how much I missed him, how much I missed being with him and not just in a sexual sense.

Surprise, surprise, I actually have feelings that aren't sexual. I know it's a shocker to most. But this feeling of taking care of a man who is all that Luke is makes my heart beat thoroughly against the wall of my chest. Having him here in my lap sleeping somberly on me, nuzzling against me, is completely satisfying.

"The way you're stroking his hair and his collar are making me think of a Golden Retriever." I look up to see a shirtless Denver in just his briefs staring at me as he leans against the wall. "A very sexy one to say the least."

"You know, all this time we could've been talking about how hot guys and girls are with each other. I'm feeling robbed."

"First of all, you were dead-set on us just being casual fuck buddies. Which, it would appear that you still kind of think that. Second of all, I don't just find any dude attractive. I'm typically much more interested in women."

"Why do you find Luke attractive?" I can't help but ask the question. Is it just because of the obvious superficial aspect or is it something else? I'm extremely curious.

"Because of you." I furrow my brow not really understanding what he meant by that. "The way you are with him is hot as fuck and I enjoy watching it."

"I'm still lost."

He rolls his eyes as he comes to sit next to me on the couch. "This," he gestures to my hands, "the fact that you're touching him like he's your pet. That you had him on his knees, eyes to the ground, didn't even budge when I burst through the door until you told him to. That's hot. Also, it finally explains why you fought so hard for dominance the first few times we had sex."