17

"I'm kidding. I'm kidding. I'm not gonna tell. I also have a patient-worker relationship." The guard says.

I sigh loudly. Louder than I expected. "Thank you so much." I breathe.

"Yeah..no problem. But don't say a word about me."

"You got it." Ashton nods.

"I'll call the janitor to...clean this up." He points to the water.

The next day at lunch,Michael walks in late again.

Blood is running down his face and he's,once again,handcuffed.

"What did you do now?" I sigh and keep my gaze away from the guards. They are the same ones that whipped me.

"Tried to hit them. They hurt you." He growls at the guards.

"I'm fine Michael. Really. Its not even that bad." I lie.

"They hurt you." He repeats. I sigh.

"I'm serious Michael. It isn't that bad! Just let it go, okay?" I say as softly as possible. He nods a little and walks towards the table with the guards following.

I see Luke walking out of the lunch section. I wave him over when he looks at me,but he quickly looks away and sits by himself. I furrow my eyebrows before sitting down across from Michel, the guards still watching over him.

"Here." I hold out a French fry,near Michael's mouth. He leans forwards and eats it with a small smile on his face. I look over and see Luke staring intently at me, with anger. I furrow my eyebrows and wave him over again. He looks back down at his food and picks up a french fry. He examines it before throwing it down.

I look back over at Michael slowly. "What's wrong with him?" I whisper.

"He's regretting things. Like telling on you." He says lowly.

My head snaps back over to Luke. "He...he what?"

"He told the guards that you came to my room yesterday. Now he feels guilty." He almost growls.

I stand up. I walk over to Luke and slam my hands on the table. "How could you?"

"Hmm?" He looks up at me.

"You! I can't believe you..told them! You of all people!" I scream in his face. He purses his lips and crosses his arms over the table.

"I...I thought you were my friend,Luke." I say a little quieter.

"I am." He says lowly. "That's why I told them. That kid is nothing but trouble, Zoey." He adds.

"Do you know what they did to me? When they caught me?" I choke out.

"Yes." He replies. "Now,leave me alone to eat my food."

"I thought you were in here to get better. But, turns out it wasn't the drugs that made you a fucking dick." I growl.

"Hey!" He shouts. "I'm trying to help you!"

"Well you aren't helping me? You hurt me! God I fucking hate you?" I yell and slap him before storming back to my table with Michael.

Luke looks over at me with anger filled eyes. I glare back and turn to Michael. He's smiling widely. "That one hurt. I could hear the slap from way over here!" He laughs and high fives me.

"He needed it. He deserved it. I hate him now." I say. "I just thought he was my friend ya know? He turned out to be a douchebag. It's like you."

His smile drops. "Yeah. Just like me."