Chapter 16

The pain in the back of my head kicks in as soon as my eyes open. "Ugh." I groan to myself and reach my hand up to grab the back of my head.

"Static! You're awake!" I hear the familiar voice of Chaos say in relief.

"Mhm." I hum as I sit up and look at my surroundings.

Oh great. We're back in the dog kennel.

"Are you okay?" Chaos asks pulling me from my thoughts.

I look at him and quickly answer yeah, then ask what happened. He expains to me everything.

About how after the heroes knocked me out. About how they beat General Dissary. About how they questioned the druggies and how they beat him.

It was a pretty interesting story.

When he finished I just nodded in acknowledgement. I look to the heroes. "Now what's going on?" I ask him.

"I'm not entirely sure. They're just talking about their new lead. Apparently, Scrambles is being held at the police station with the police chief. They haven't really told me about their next move. And Coon keeps complaining about how lame they are for being beaten by a girl..." Chaos says nervously.

The last part catches my attention. "So.. You know?" I say getting rid of my cover up voice.

He nods. "Heh. The funny thing is that I wasn't even trying to hide it. It just started coming up like that. The only reason I did the voice is cause I can't have you guys knowing who I am."

"I-i can understand that. That's why I do my deep voice as well." He replies.

"Why is this even a big deal? A girl as a villain? Look at Call Girl!" I say as I do a hand gesture towards her, "There's a girl hero! Why can't there be a girl villain?"

"Cause Coon is sexist. He just can't believe a girl is kicking all their butts. He still can't believe that Wendy fought him in the school yard and won."

"Wait.. Wendy beat Cartman up!?"

All the heroes look at us after my outburst.

"Well, yeah! A few months ago, actually." Chaos responds.

"Yeah, Wendy! You go girl! Beatin' up the fuckwad!" I cheer will pumping my fists in the air.

I watch as Call Girl smiles at my excitment, but quickly makes that smile disappear as to not blow her cover.

"You're finally awake." Coon growls, as he tries to ignore everyone's chuckles at the memory of him being beat by Wendy. "Good to know Mysterion didn't cause our hostage permanent brain damage. Though, I would have preferred if he did." He grumbles the last bit.

I look at Mysterion as he rolls his eyes at Coons statement. I look back at Coon.

"One question though. How are we your hostages?" I ask.

"Oh my fucking god. Do I have to spell everything out for you!? You guys obviously work for the evil police. They wouldn't want their little lap dogs hurt now would they?" He angrily growls.

"One problem with that statement. We don't work for the police. We were just paid anonymously to keep the drug fucks from you. So we're more like prisoners then we are hostages." I state as I lean against the back of the kennel and roll my eyes.

"Yeah. We didn't know where the money was coming from, but now that we do, we want in on kicking their butts." Chaos says.

"Why?" Kite asks.

"I'm angry that we were working under the police that whole time. We're bad guys. Not good guys." He responds.

"No way are we gonna let you pieces of shit out." Coon finishes.

The heroes go back to talking among themselves. I yawn and tell Chaos, "Wake me when they're done." Then I lean my head against the side and slowly fall asleep.

~~~°•°~~~

I wake up with a jolt, feeling uneasy, like I'm missing something. I look over at Chaos and see him fast asleep. I look over at where the heroes were last, and see that they're gone. The uneasy feeling gets stronger.

I take out my phone and check the time.

My eyes might as well have popped right out of my head. 'Fucking piece of shit! Cartman! I'm gonna kill you!' I scream in my head.

School is almost over! I can't believe they left us here to miss school! And I have several messages and missed calls from Grandma!

I quickly read the messages and text an explanation before she has a heart attack. The last one was sent only 30 seconds ago.

G - Grandma

M - Me

G - Where are you?

G - Are you okay?

G - Why aren't you answering?

G - Please answer your phone!

G - Im calling the police

M - Stop! Don't call the police!

G - Oh my god! (Y/n)! Where are you? Are you hurt? Why weren't you at home this morning? Why does the school website say you're absent?

M - Im sorry Grandma. A friend wanted to talk to me about something, so I came over in the middle of the night. They were sick and had a nightmare. I caught their cold and their parents let us stay home to rest. I've been asleep up until now. I'm sorry I didn't tell you.

G - Its ok. As long as you're not hurt. Just make sure to tell me next time. And no more sneaking out! I'll excuse your absence this time.

M - I might end up staying one more night because my friend and I are still sick. Is that ok?

G - Alright, but be home by tomorrow.

M - Ok Grandma! I love you!

G - Love you too, sweetie!

I put my phone back in my pocket and wait for the heroes to arrive.

It takes about an hour, but they finally show up. I glare at each of them as they come in. Eventually, every hero makes it here.

"Now that we're all here, we can start the meeting." Coon says in a calm, serious manner.

"Fuck you Coon." I say loud enough for him to hear.

He gets an irritated face on as he stares at me. "I forgot the bitch and her boss were here." He mumbles then continues, "Ignore the villain people. We have a lot of planning to do."

By now, Chaos is awake and listening. "I can't believe you guys forced Chaos and I to miss school." I say more towards Coon.

"Ugh. Shut up. No one wants to listen to you."

"And no one wants you to lead. Yet here we are. Oh wait. Professor Timothy is in charge. Or did you forget?" I remark.

His face starts to get red with anger. I smirk just to pester him even more. "That's enough you two." Professor Timothy cuts in, "Mysterion. Let Chaos and Static out. We need them to help infiltrate police head quarters."

Mysterion complies and Chaos and myself are freed. We walk to the table to start the infiltration plan.

It all happens tonight.

This was more of a boring chapter if you ask me. Sorry about that.
Also thanks for 3.5k reads!
Comments are appreciated!

1193 words